1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 1:04 AM by Sutirtha Roy RSS

capturing real time data with just Select permission on  source tables.

RG 007
      Hello Gurus.

I need to move data within 11G same database from one schema to another schema but relational to dimensional model.

When I create CDC on source tables it tries to create triggers.
      But I don't have create trigger permission, I have only select permission.
      So, is there any other way to capture real time data without any super user permission.

Also, Instead of using source tables,if I create a view of source tables in target schema and use these views in interface, will it create any impact on performance.

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: capturing real time data with just Select permission on  source tables.
          Sutirtha Roy
          RG 007 wrote:
          Hello Gurus.

I need to move data within 11G same database from one schema to another schema but relational to dimensional model.

When I create CDC on source tables it tries to create triggers.
          But I don't have create trigger permission, I have only select permission.
          So, is there any other way to capture real time data without any super user permission.
          There is an option for DB log based CDC .
          But even that also requires super user permission during setup time .
          If your siurce sustem has CREATED_DATE and UPDATED_DATE then you can probably capture only changed records (except DELETE) based on these columns . For this you do not need any privilege other than select
          Also, Instead of using source tables,if I create a view of source tables in target schema and use these views in interface, will it create any impact on performance.
          Performance is a relative term .You need to test it before coming to any conclution.

Thanks in advance.