This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 12:55 PM by user4434301 RSS

Error running adcfgclone.pl dbconfig post-clone

user4434301 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Attempting a clone/refresh of our TEST EBSR12 environment. Followed steps in the documentation. First, I ran adrpeclone.pl dbTier. Next I ran adpreclone.pl appsTier. Subsequently, I copied the source $APPL_TOP, $COMN_TOP, and TechStack from source system to target system. Next step was to shutdown DB and run adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack. Then, target DB control files were created and RMAN restore commenced. Once this was finished, the DB was started in open mode, @adupdlib.sql script was run, and target DB was configured using perl adcfgclone.pl dbconfig (and reading in the XML context file) Result was a failure:

[AutoConfig Error Report]
The following report lists errors AutoConfig encountered during each
phase of its execution. Errors are grouped by directory and phase.
The report format is:
<filename> <phase> <return code where appropriate>

[PROFILE PHASE]
AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:
Directory: /u01/oracle/ebstst/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/install/ebstst_p10tst01
afdbprf.sh INSTE8_PRF 1

[APPLY PHASE]
Directory: /u01/oracle/ebstst/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/install/ebstst_p10tst01
adcrobj.sh INSTE8_APPLY 1

Any pointers? All I see in the logfile is "ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect
descriptor" This is impossible because all the info in the TNSNames file is set correctly.
  • 1. Re: Error running adcfgclone.pl dbconfig post-clone
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Please post the details of the application release, database version and OS.
    Attempting a clone/refresh of our TEST EBSR12 environment. Followed steps in the documentation. First, I ran adrpeclone.pl dbTier. Next I ran adpreclone.pl appsTier. Subsequently, I copied the source $APPL_TOP, $COMN_TOP, and TechStack from source system to target system. Next step was to shutdown DB and run adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack. Then, target DB control files were created and RMAN restore commenced. Once this was finished, the DB was started in open mode, @adupdlib.sql script was run, and target DB was configured using perl adcfgclone.pl dbconfig (and reading in the XML context file) Result was a failure:

[AutoConfig Error Report]
    The following report lists errors AutoConfig encountered during each
    phase of its execution. Errors are grouped by directory and phase.
    The report format is:
    <filename> <phase> <return code where appropriate>

[PROFILE PHASE]
    afdbprf.sh INSTE8_PRF 1

[APPLY PHASE]
    adcrobj.sh INSTE8_APPLY 1

Any pointers? All I see in the logfile is "ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect
    descriptor" This is impossible because all the info in the TNSNames file is set correctly.
    Please search the log file for afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh scripts and you should find more details about the error around the file names.

Was the database created successfully? Please make sure the database is up and it is open along with the database listener.

Please see if (Autoconfig Error On Dbtier After Upgrade - afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh fail with ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist [ID 422709.1]) is applicable.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Error running adcfgclone.pl dbconfig post-clone
    javeedkaleem dba Newbie
    did you enter the correct port pool
    is your listener & database is up.
  • 3. Re: Error running adcfgclone.pl dbconfig post-clone
    user4434301 Newbie
    Thanks for the feedback on this....

App Release: EBS 12.1.3
    DB Version: 11.1.0.7

In the ApplyDatabase_11091051.log file, the only references to afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh are in the very end of the logfile in the sections previously attached.

The database was created successfully, and I was able to connect to it remotely.

Also, the attached doc was not applicable as I did not see the referenced errors within it.

Not quite sure where to go from there, but I did try to run adcfgclone.pl dbconfig with the listener down, and it recreated the control files and trashed the DB.

We have rerun RMAN DB refresh, started the db and listener, and receive the same original message regarding afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh.
  • 4. Re: Error running adcfgclone.pl dbconfig post-clone
    In the ApplyDatabase_11091051.log file, the only references to afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh are in the very end of the logfile in the sections previously attached.
    Please upload the log file to any free hosting website and post the link here so we can review it.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 5. Re: Error running adcfgclone.pl dbconfig post-clone
    user4434301 Newbie
    http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gf1201ac2e0f6c04c169338534a100a644d77ba

Thanks!
  • 6. Re: Error running adcfgclone.pl dbconfig post-clone
    I see this error in the log file ..

ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect

Can you connect to the database as applmgr user and after sourcing the application env file?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 7. Re: Error running adcfgclone.pl dbconfig post-clone
    user4434301 Newbie
    No, actually I cannot, although it appears that all the ports in the tnsnames.ora file are set correctly, and I can connect to the DB using any username from my desktop.
  • 8. Re: Error running adcfgclone.pl dbconfig post-clone
    user4434301 wrote:
    No, actually I cannot, although it appears that all the ports in the tnsnames.ora file are set correctly, and I can connect to the DB using any username from my desktop.
    What about tnsping command as applmgr user?

Please review the application context file and make sure all the entries are correct.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 9. Re: Error running adcfgclone.pl dbconfig post-clone
    user4434301 Newbie
    I can indeed use tnsping, but I am confused why you are asking if I can connect as applmgr OS user when the adcfgclone.pl dbconfig is being run on the db tier as oracle?

Also, yes, all entries in the XML environment file being read in during this command appear to be correct:

<oa_db_server>
    <dbhost oa_var="s_dbhost">p10tst01</dbhost>
    <dbport oa_var="s_dbport" oa_type="PORT" base="1521" step="1" range="-1" label="Database Port">1521</dbport>
    <db_ons_localport oa_var="s_db_ons_localport" oa_type="PORT" base="6300" step="1" range="-1" label="DB ONS Local Port">6300</db_o
    ns_localport>
  • 10. Re: Error running adcfgclone.pl dbconfig post-clone
    user4434301 wrote:
    I can indeed use tnsping, but I am confused why you are asking if I can connect as applmgr OS user when the adcfgclone.pl dbconfig is being run on the db tier as oracle?

Also, yes, all entries in the XML environment file being read in during this command appear to be correct:

<oa_db_server>
    <dbhost oa_var="s_dbhost">p10tst01</dbhost>
    <dbport oa_var="s_dbport" oa_type="PORT" base="1521" step="1" range="-1" label="Database Port">1521</dbport>
    <db_ons_localport oa_var="s_db_ons_localport" oa_type="PORT" base="6300" step="1" range="-1" label="DB ONS Local Port">6300</db_o
    ns_localport>
    Oh sorry, I thought the issue you have is with the application tier node and the one with the database tier was already resolved.

Do you have proper entry in the hosts file?

Can you please run AutoConfig on the application tier node and see if you get any errors?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 11. Re: Error running adcfgclone.pl dbconfig post-clone
    user4434301 Newbie
    Just wanted to close this discussion up. We restored from RMAN bakup once again, re-ran the adcfgclone.pl scripts on the DB and App, and the adautoconfig on the DB and App. These have all run successfully, however now I am unable to access the login page. I will open another thread on this...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points