3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 9:44 AM by robvarga RSS

unicast-listener well-known-addresses

I have a unicast cluster with several cache nodes on each box.

Do I need to have all the cache node address (host/port) in the unicast-listener (tangosol.coherence.override xml).

Makes the file big.

Also, with unicast connectivity, how many ports does a Coherence node require (anything else apart from the listen port)?

Thanx
        • 1. Re: unicast-listener well-known-addresses
          robvarga
          955560 wrote:
          I have a unicast cluster with several cache nodes on each box.

Do I need to have all the cache node address (host/port) in the unicast-listener (tangosol.coherence.override xml).
          No, the unicast-listener should have the host/port which that particular node listens on (i.e. if you specify it (because it is a WKA node), host+port must be unique within that cluster, so typically you would specify the address with -Dtangosol.coherence.localhost and -Dtangosol.coherence.localport) individually to each node.
          Makes the file big.
          Nope, should not be all addresses.
          Also, with unicast connectivity, how many ports does a Coherence node require (anything else apart from the listen port)?

Thanx
          Depending on whether you use TCP-ring for death detection, you may need a port. If you have a TCP*Extend proxy running within the JVM that also means an additional port. Also, host-granularity death detection may want to have a port, too. UDP traffic does not need a client port and it uses the listener port for reception.

Best regards,

Robert
          • 2. Re: unicast-listener well-known-addresses
            Thanx Robert,

One more related question pls. :

I a Unicast cluster : is there a way to control the connectivity.

So in my cluster i have storage-enabled nodes (which are the cache servers) and the non storage-enabled nodes which are the clients.

Any way (apart from firewall etc.) I can limit what can connect to this cluster.
            • 3. Re: unicast-listener well-known-addresses
              robvarga
              955560 wrote:
              Thanx Robert,

One more related question pls. :

I a Unicast cluster : is there a way to control the connectivity.

So in my cluster i have storage-enabled nodes (which are the cache servers) and the non storage-enabled nodes which are the clients.

Any way (apart from firewall etc.) I can limit what can connect to this cluster.
              Yes, you can specify an <authorized-hosts> element within the <cluster-config> element of the tangosol-coherence.xml (or its override file) to specify what connect to the cluster by TCMP, and within the <tcp-acceptor> element of the proxy-scheme in the cache configuration file for TCP*Extend, you likely can specify something else, too.

Best regards,

Robert