0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 11:50 AM by Shunt RSS

Custom Tabular Form addRow function

Hi All

There appears to be a lot of people discussing this on the forum, but so far, I haven't been able to find a solution.

I have a custom tabular form and I need to add and Add Row button to create multiple blank rows without submitting the page. I have previously used a solution devised by Duncs many moons ago, that basically clones a row.

Unfortunately, this basic method doesnt work for popup_lov apex items, nor will it increment ID numbers.

Ideally I would like to be able to use the addRow function that is used for a Tabular Form built using the Wizards; however, that function uses a ghost row as described in this forum thread:

"Ghost row" in 4.0 Tabular forms has id pattern f0x_0000

If it were possible to replicate that ghost row in a custom tabular form, then I guess that it would be possible to use the apex addRow function out of the box!?

Before I start re-inventing the wheel, has anone aready done this, or can you point me in the right direction please.

I hope that makes sense :)

I'm using Apex 4.02 11g and will be upgrading to 4.2 in the near future; woohoo.