2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 12:26 PM by Shivananda Rao RSS

RMAN recovery from RAC to non-RAC

Hi,
      I have a 2 node 11.2.03 (PSU2) RAC database running on solaris and I want to restore and recover the RMAN backup into a different server which is 11.2.0.3 stand alone database. Do I have to have this stand alone database also in the same patch set level (PSU2)? or I should be able to restore the RMAN backup without applying PSU2?
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: RMAN recovery from RAC to non-RAC
          Shivananda Rao
          856633 wrote:
          Hi,
          I have a 2 node 11.2.03 (PSU2) RAC database running on solaris and I want to restore and recover the RMAN backup into a different server which is 11.2.0.3 stand alone database. Do I have to have this stand alone database also in the same patch set level (PSU2)? or I should be able to restore the RMAN backup without applying PSU2?
          Thanks
          It is not required for you to have the PSU2 on the standalone server. You can restore & recover the backup without applying PSU2

Handle:      856633
          Status Level:      Newbie
          Total Posts:      8
          Total Questions:      4 (4 unresolved)
          Please consider closing your questions by providing appropriate points if you feel that they have been answered. Please keep the forum clean !!
          • 2. Re: RMAN recovery from RAC to non-RAC
            mseberg
            Hello;

It will probably work without patch set update. So can you do it? yes.

Should you do it? no.

Take a step back and decide if you want to take shortcuts and do sloppy work.

Objects in your restored database Will Not match the software you are using. Its just a bad idea.

Best Regards

mseberg