This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 6:10 PM by Gyan Darpan RSS

Is it necessary to import ....VORowImpl.class to jdeveloper?

user12119208 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I need to extend the ReqDetailsVO, and I did the following steps:

- FTP files from server to local
- under *.jpr, activate 'New Business Components Package' to form package oracle.apps.icx.por.reqmgmt.server
- activate 'Import Business Components' and choosing 'ReqDetailsVO', 'ReqDetailsVO' formed

Then, should I do anything like import 'ReqDetailsVORowImpl.class' or to to build the relationship of 'ReqDetailsVO.xml' and 'ReqDetailsVORowImpl.class' ?

The problem now is that I cannot extend the logic from 'ReqDetailsVORowImpl.class' to 'xxReqDetailsVORowImpl.class'.

Thanks,
CY
  • 1. Re: Is it necessary to import ....VORowImpl.class to jdeveloper?
    keerthioaf Expert
    CY ,

Since you are doing VO extension it requires all dependency files , do not import class files to jdeveloper , import
    only .java files .

If you import .class files Jdeveloper will not allow you to edit then , ( export option will be hidden / won't be able to edit query )

You can add all dependency .class files to my project library . Navigation : Right click on Project - > properties - > Libraries - > Add jar
    ( you can add .class as zipped / jar formats )

or
    Alternatively you can also copy java files to MyProject folder and class files to Myclasses folder and import only java files to Jdeveloper .

Let me know if its not clear .

Keerthi
  • 2. Re: Is it necessary to import ....VORowImpl.class to jdeveloper?
    user12119208 Newbie
    Hi,

I am using JDeveloper 9.0.3.5,

for 'You can add all dependency .class files to my project library', should i right click .jpr > project setting > configurations > development > libraries > New?

for 'copy java files to MyProject folder and class files to Myclasses folder', is it ok if i JAD the .class back to .java file first then import?

Thanks,
    CY
  • 3. Re: Is it necessary to import ....VORowImpl.class to jdeveloper?
    Gyan Darpan Guru
    CY,

Best way is you decompile the class file and put it into the myProject directory.

Including the class file in the project directory is mostly done for the cases where you want to import a huge number of class file from server, to run the pages locally.

Another thing which you need to take in consideration, while extending the VO - whether to create RowImpl.java or impl.java for the extended view object depends upon whether the parent View Object do have the files selected or not.

Regards,
    Gyan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points