This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 9:56 PM by glauser RSS

How are actions implemented in reports ?

glauser Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
As far as I understand, Tools - Monitor Sessions is a mere report.
However, there is an option Trace Session in the context menu of the upper grid. I am missing the corresponding Stop Trace and I wanted to add it to the report by myself.
I copied the report under User Defined Reports, but I didn't find an appropriate option in the Edit Report dialogue.
  • 1. Re: How are actions implemented in reports ?
    Gary Graham Expert
    Hi,

Instead of doing Save Grid as Report from Tools -> Monitor Sessions into your User Defined Reports, instead copy the Sessions report from Data Dictionary Reports -> Database Administration -> Sessions -> Sessions

You will notice that UserReports.xml in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer will have a line near the bottom containing the Action information for Trace Session and Kill Session. Just edit that section of UserReports.xml to include similar information for a Stop Trace action, specifically with this statement:
    <![CDATA[begin dbms_monitor.session_trace_disable(#SID#, #SERIAL#); end;]]>
    For most users, either disconnecting the session or using Kill Session is sufficient, but learning a new trick hurts no one.

Regards,
    Gary
    SQL Developer Team
  • 2. Re: How are actions implemented in reports ?
    glauser Newbie
    Gary

Thanks for your answer.
    Just one remark: such a report with additional item s must not be edited with the reports editor from SQL Developer any more. Saving the report out of the editor would delete the items.
    My version is Version 3.2.10.09

Pascal

Edited by: glauser on 14.11.2012 06:55

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points