This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2013 12:38 AM by user12502220 RSS

Image Rendition is not working.

961127 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I have installed the ibr server and configured the provider also.
In configuration manager i mapped the image(jpeg,bitmap image,etc.,) to Digital Media Graphics.
Still i m not getting the rendition image.

If i give thumbnail in image rendition, it gives 2 file. one is native file. another one is thumbnail file. but in format it says "not converted". If i try to download it is not getting download. Kindly reply me. If u know the solution pls.

Thanks,
Arun
  • 1. Re: Image Rendition is not working.
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi Arun ,

When Image is checked-in to UCM does it go to IBR and there it shows success ?

In that case you will need to check the extraRendition file created to see if the options / parameters being passed are correct or not .

Take a look at the following articles on MyOracleSupport : 1398673.1 , 1450818.1 , 1436944.1

Hope this helps .

Thanks
    Srinath
  • 2. Re: Image Rendition is not working.
    961127 Newbie
    hi,
    Thanks for your reply. I have not used extra rendition set. Since everything i needed is in OOTB(basic rendition set). I checked it with PS3. It is working fine.
    But in PS5 it is not working..
    Kindly provide link for ur article.
  • 3. Re: Image Rendition is not working.
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi ,

Basically you will need to check the server logs and see if there are any errors when renditions are created . And post the errors so that further analysis can be done . As for the articles logon to to myoraclesupport.com and under Knowledge tab put the article numbers to read them .

Thanks
    Srinath
  • 4. Re: Image Rendition is not working.
    AYVR Newbie
    Hi, I already have the same issue with rendition image. When I open the Inbound Refinery and I read the list of DigitalMediaGraphics convertions all of them have the error message: "Step DigitalGraphicRenditions forced conversion to be incomplete with error: One or more renditions failed to convert successfully". I'm not using extra rendition I only use default rendition.
    When I select an image and I go to Rendition Information, in Rendition List: Web, Preview and Thumbnail it say "Not converted" in the Format field.
    Any suggestion will be appreciated.
    Regards,

ayasel
  • 5. Re: Image Rendition is not working.
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi ,

You will need to go to IBR Console - Agent Logs and see what the actual error is related to conversion .

Thanks,
    Srinath
  • 6. Re: Image Rendition is not working.
    AYVR Newbie
    Hi Srinath, thanks for your answer, I really appreciate it.
    I already do what you said. I went to IBR Console - Agent logs and there is no error related to Digital Media Graphics conversions. Only after a waiting time it shows the following log.
    *Log entry for conversion job '3801':
    Conversion job 3801 (Document '55') from agent ecm.citi.cu_4444 converted at 1/11/13 has not been signed off and is expired. Removed from converted queue.*
    Where 3801 is a Digital Media Graphics conversions job.

Any idea?

Regards

ayasel
  • 7. Re: Image Rendition is not working.
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi ,

Navigate to IBR - Agent Management - <Agent name> - there check the Full verbose tracing option and update .

After that check-in image to UCM , then go to IBR - Logs - Agent Logs and see from the point of the "job id submitted " point till the end of the file which will show the error . Post that log messages to analyze the issue .

Thanks,
    Srinath
  • 8. Re: Image Rendition is not working.
    AYVR Newbie
    Hi Srinath:

This is the log message I've got after execute the conversion for job 7007 . As you can see, the basic renditions have failed and each one have the following error: The engine reported the following error: '!csUnableToStartProcess,CmdLineConversion_7007_exsimple'

Regards,

ayasel

Info     1/21/13 12:35 PM     Log entry for conversion job '7007':
    Starting to convert: Input File = '/opt/Oracle/Middleware6/user_projects/domains/pic_domain/ucm/ibr/vault/~temp/ecm.citi.cu_4444/7007/8212.jpg' Output File = '/opt/Oracle/Middleware6/user_projects/domains/pic_domain/ucm/ibr/vault/~temp/ecm.citi.cu_4444/7007/ecmciticu16200008212~1.jpg' Conversion Type = 'Digital Media Graphics' Content ID = 'ECMCITICU16200008212' Title = 'Agent Management'

Started DigitalGraphicRenditions step.

Loading set name 'BasicRenditions'
    Writing Search Export resource file.
    Launching Search Export
    Starting to create the 'Web' rendition of type 'web'
    The 'Web' rendition failed. The engine reported the following error: '!csUnableToStartProcess,CmdLineConversion_7007_exsimple'
    Finished the 'Web' rendition.
    Starting to create the 'Thumbnail' rendition of type 'thumbnail'
    The 'Thumbnail' rendition failed. The engine reported the following error: '!csUnableToStartProcess,CmdLineConversion_7007_exsimple'
    Finished the 'Thumbnail' rendition.
    Starting to create the 'Preview' rendition of type 'preview'
    The 'Preview' rendition failed. The engine reported the following error: '!csUnableToStartProcess,CmdLineConversion_7007_exsimple'
    Finished the 'Preview' rendition.
    Analyzing results for rendition 'Web'.
    The rendition 'Web' was not created successfully.
    Analyzing results for rendition 'Thumbnail'.
    The rendition 'Thumbnail' was not created successfully.
    Analyzing results for rendition 'Preview'.
    The rendition 'Preview' was not created successfully.
    Copy rendition 'Native File' as the primary rendition.

Step DigitalGraphicRenditions completed.

Step DigitalGraphicRenditions forced conversion to be incomplete with error: One or more renditions failed to convert successfully.
  • 9. Re: Image Rendition is not working.
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi ,

Error message indicates exsimple which is the OIT library doing the image conversion . If this is a PS5 -11.1.1.6.0 server then download the patches mentioned in post :
    Webcenter PS5 - 11.1.1.6.0 Patchset Released

Install both the patches and test again to see if the issues are resolved .

Thanks,
    Srinath
  • 10. Re: Image Rendition is not working.
    user12502220 Newbie

hello,

i faced the same error "

Message: Step DigitalGraphicRenditions forced conversion to be incomplete with error: One or more renditions failed to convert successfully."

i used IBR 11gR1-11.1.1.7.0 on linux server , can you help me to solve that ??

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points