9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2013 4:48 PM by dirkp:) RSS

Unable to open Dimension library from Workspace 11.1.2.2

user1008617
      I have installed the following

While opening dimension library from the Workspce, I am getting the following error :

nested exception is:
      HTTP transport error: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Bad response: 503 Service Unavailable from url http://ctsincalesx4ad.cts.com/hyperion-bpma-server/Sessions.asmx

Any help will be highly apprecaited.

Regards
      Kuntal
        • 1. Re: Unable to open Dimension library from Workspace 11.1.2.2
          JohnGoodwin
          If you go to http://ctsincalesx4ad.cts.com/hyperion-bpma-server/Sessions.asmx does it return a page? is IIS running can you access the default IIS home page
          Check the application/system event logs, it can sometimes be an issue with the user being used by the default application pool.

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: Unable to open Dimension library from Workspace 11.1.2.2
            user1008617
            http://ctsincalesx4ad.cts.com/hyperion-bpma-server/Sessions.asmx

is not returning any page.

Any idea how to fix the IIS user error.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
            Kuntal
            • 3. Re: Unable to open Dimension library from Workspace 11.1.2.2
              hyperionEPM
              Check that the user with which you are performing the operations has the required access to the folder.

I am not sure but try to login to IIS Manager and click on the option Web Server Extensions and set the

1. Active Server Pages to allowed and.
              2. Server Side Includes to allowed.

Restart the services and then try again.
              • 4. Re: Unable to open Dimension library from Workspace 11.1.2.2
                user1008617
                Hi,

I have checked the following :

Active Server Pages is Allowed also
                Server Side Includes is Allowed also.

Still I am facing the same issue.

Regards
                Kuntal Adhikari
                • 5. Re: Unable to open Dimension library from Workspace 11.1.2.2
                  Jasmine Pauline-Oracle
                  Check the privileges for the user for the TEMP directory.

The ASPNET user may not have access to certain folders. If the Event Log displays any security-related errors, assign rights to the ASPNET user.
                  1. From the command prompt, go to this directory: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727.
                  2. Enter run aspnet_regiis.exe -ga.

HTH -
                  Jasmine.
                  • 6. Re: Unable to open Dimension library from Workspace 11.1.2.2
                    user1008617
                    Hi,

I am getting the following error message in bpma.log

[2012-11-15T15:13:09.322+05:30] [EPMServer0] [WARNING] [] [oracle.EPMAWT.CORE.com.hyperion.awb.web.common.BaseServiceException] [tid: 204] [userId: <anonymous>] [ecid: 0000Jg3SpJoB5E75JJ1Fif1GcsRk00003D,0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.awb.web.common.DimensionServiceException] [APP: EPMAWEBTIER#11.1.2.0] [SRC_METHOD: getXml] errMessage2: ; nested exception is: [[
                         HTTP transport error: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Bad response: 503 Service Unavailable from url http://ctsincalesx4ad.cts.com/hyperion-bpma-server/Sessions.asmx
                    ]]
                    [2012-11-15T15:13:09.322+05:30] [EPMServer0] [WARNING] [] [oracle.EPMAWT.CORE.com.hyperion.awb.web.common.BaseServiceException] [tid: 204] [userId: <anonymous>] [ecid: 0000Jg3SpJoB5E75JJ1Fif1GcsRk00003D,0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.awb.web.common.DimensionServiceException] [APP: EPMAWEBTIER#11.1.2.0] [SRC_METHOD: getXml] exception: <BpmResponse type='error'><actor>none</actor><code>java.rmi.RemoteException</code><desc>; nested exception is: [[
                         HTTP transport error: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Bad response: 503 Service Unavailable from url http://ctsincalesx4ad.cts.com/hyperion-bpma-server/Sessions.asmx</desc><trace>com.hyperion.awb.web.common.BaseService.openSession(Unknown Source)
                    com.hyperion.awb.web.common.BaseAction.checkWebSession(Unknown Source)
                    com.hyperion.bpm.web.common.BaseAction.execute(BaseAction.java:64)
                    org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
                    org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)

Exception java.rmi.RemoteException rethrown
                    com.hyperion.awb.webservice.sessions.runtime.SessionsSoap_Stub.createSessionFromTokenForLocale(Unknown Source)
                    com.hyperion.awb.web.common.BaseService.openSession(Unknown Source)
                    com.hyperion.awb.web.common.BaseAction.checkWebSession(Unknown Source)
                    com.hyperion.bpm.web.common.BaseAction.execute(BaseAction.java:64)
                    org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)

Exception oracle.j2ee.ws.client.ClientTransportException rethrown
                    oracle.j2ee.ws.client.http.HttpClientTransport.invokeImpl(HttpClientTransport.java:230)
                    oracle.j2ee.ws.client.http.HttpClientTransport.invoke(HttpClientTransport.java:161)
                    oracle.j2ee.ws.client.StreamingSender._sendImpl(StreamingSender.java:232)
                    oracle.j2ee.ws.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java:149)
                    com.hyperion.awb.webservice.sessions.runtime.SessionsSoap_Stub.createSessionFromTokenForLocale(Unknown Source)
                    </trace></BpmResponse>
                    ]]
                    [2012-11-15T15:13:09.322+05:30] [EPMServer0] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.EPMAWT.CORE.com.hyperion.awb.web.common.BaseServiceException] [tid: 204] [userId: <anonymous>] [ecid: 0000Jg3SpJoB5E75JJ1Fif1GcsRk00003D,0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.awb.web.common.DimensionServiceException] [APP: EPMAWEBTIER#11.1.2.0] [SRC_METHOD: getXml] getXml() - end
                    [2012-11-15T15:13:09.322+05:30] [EPMServer0] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.EPMAWT.CORE.com.hyperion.awb.web.common.BaseServiceException] [tid: 204] [userId: <anonymous>] [ecid: 0000Jg3SpJoB5E75JJ1Fif1GcsRk00003D,0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.awb.web.common.DimensionServiceException] [APP: EPMAWEBTIER#11.1.2.0] [SRC_METHOD: getXml] getXml() - end
                    ========================

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
                    Kuntal
                    • 7. Re: Unable to open Dimension library from Workspace 11.1.2.2
                      hyperionEPM
                      Check in the Services window if IIS Admin Service and World Wide Web Publishing service are running.

Thanks.
                      HyperEPM
                      • 8. Re: Unable to open Dimension library from Workspace 11.1.2.2
                        user1008617
                        Both the Services are running.

Regards
                        Kuntal
                        • 9. Re: Unable to open Dimension library from Workspace 11.1.2.2
                          dirkp:)
                          If it helps anyone else, I had the same problem and my default web site in IIS was stopped. As soon as I turned on the default web site it worked. It was stopped even though the www service was running. I think I stopped it assuming that the embedded weblogic server would take over but this is not true. As prompts in the configurator reminded me, IIS is used and must be on and the default web site started.