This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 12:03 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

PeopleSoft login error

ajith Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have created a tools only (pt8.51) peoplesoft db.When i am loggin in for the first time in PIA using PTTOOLS & PTTOOLS as user id and password respectively i am getting the following error....

*"Authorization Error -- Contact your Security AdministratorAuthorization Error -- Contact your Security Administrator "*
Any help would be appreciated..
  • 1. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    What about PTDMO/PTDMO ?

Nicolas.
  • 2. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    ajith Newbie
    Same error Nicolas....
  • 3. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    How have you created database and loaded the data ? Please give us more details.
    Have you checked for the logs in appserver domain ?

Nicolas.
  • 4. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    ajith Newbie
    Yes i have created the db(PTDEMO) and loaded all data ptengs.db and all other dms scripts...
    I install PIA over a multiserver domain also...
    Now when i logging for first time its throwing this error...

My appserver log is not showing any details snipet of the logs is below,
    PSAPPSRV.2072 (36) [11/14/12 14:35:38 GetCertificate](3) 
    Returning context. ID=PSADMIN, Lang=ENG, UStreamId=143538_2072.36, Token=PT_LOCAL/2012-11-14-06.35.38.396499/PSADMIN/ENG 
    pgAAAAQDAgEBAAAAvAIAAAAAAAAsAAAABABTaGRyAk4AcQg4AC4AMQAwABSasU08z8oeQKigH/XnS1Z3nmlav2YAAAAFAFNkYXRhWnicHclNDkAwGIThtyWW4iKkpUSXgojETxP2zuB+DudLZ/FMMvMCaaKVkv40MXngYmBiZ+Ugm4WFInDzsHEyyrvhagyWmlK0UScaOioa2mgf9bI50cMPriUMBQ==*
    PSAPPSRV.2072 (41) [11/14/12 14:42:35 GetCertificate](3) 
    Returning context. ID=PTDMO, Lang=ENG, UStreamId=144235_2072.41, Token=PT_LOCAL/2012-11-14-06.42.35.396577/PTDMO/ENG 
    ogAAAAQDAgEBAAAAvAIAAAAAAAAsAAAABABTaGRyAk4AbQg4AC4AMQAwABQkhErm7UZ/VpZuaNBwqTxOGADve2IAAAAFAFNkYXRhVnicHYg7DkBAAETfIgqVi5C1LFEKovEr9E7ghg5n7EzyZvIeIIkjY7RvREh2cjGxcZDO7Czkv7lZZUYGbeOwVDgKsQpsREtLqefEGh/Yy3k6lQ90vwtt*
    PSAPPSRV.2072 (48) [11/14/12 14:43:25 GetCertificate](3) 
    Returning context. ID=PTADMIN, Lang=ENG, UStreamId=144325_2072.48, Token=PT_LOCAL/2012-11-14-06.43.25.396532/PTADMIN/ENG 
    pgAAAAQDAgEBAAAAvAIAAAAAAAAsAAAABABTaGRyAk4AcQg4AC4AMQAwABTP8yuUIgrtiMFZK6fwSgW2oyMtOGYAAAAFAFNkYXRhWnicHclLDkBAFETR24ih2AihW0sMBRGJ38DcGuzP4pR+g1OVeg+QxJExyjciXHZy0TOysbCTTmIm/9eblYNB35XGUlFjKWQdbGRFS6nmpMVLR6fNKy18rfgL9Q==
    PSAPPSRV.2072 (55) [11/14/12 14:43:48 GetCertificate](3) 
    Returning context. ID=PSADMIN, Lang=ENG, UStreamId=144348_2072.55, Token=PT_LOCAL/2012-11-14-06.43.48.395760/PSADMIN/ENG 
    qAAAAAQDAgEBAAAAvAIAAAAAAAAsAAAABABTaGRyAk4AcQg4AC4AMQAwABSIWpDmFr/WhQxW4ex7ETsZ3r5Rb2gAAAAFAFNkYXRhXHicHclLDkAwFIXhv4ih2AgprddQEJEUTZhbg/1ZnJvewXdOzn2BJI6UkvwiwmWei5GZnY2DdBFWcs/Ng+Nkkq/D1mgqagqxClpR01JKM8FeNAw0dLJr+AGuBQv7
  • 5. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    ajith Newbie
    Can anyone help me on this i need to login to a tools database but i am not knowing through which opid i should!!!
  • 6. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    please check your database for valid operator ids:
    Select * from PSOPRDEFN;
    If this returns users the password should be equal to the userid (oprid).
    If this does not return any user, then something has gone terribly wrong ...

If the password does not match the oprid run following statement in Datamover, log in in bootstrap mode.
    update PSOPRDEFN
    set OPERPSWD = OPRID, ENCRYPTED = 0, ACCTLOCK = 0;

encrypt_password *;
    But I have to say your error is probably due to the fact that the user does not have access to the proper weblibraries.
    Please review following doc and execute the sql statements to check your environment.
    E-SEC: What are Web Libraries? [ID 610560.1]

Edited by: Hakan Biroglu on Dec 10, 2012 2:01 PM
  • 7. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    ajith Newbie
    Hi Hakan,

the Output for select * from posoprdefn ;

PSADMIN     2     PeopleSoft Administrator
    PTADMIN     3     PTADMIN
    PTDMO     4     PTDMO
    PTPORTAL     5     Portal Administrator
    PTSECADM     6     Security Administrator
    PTTOOLS     7     PeopleTools
    PTWEBSERVER     8     Allowed to start web servers

with many other columns...now the question is which is the operator ID here to open my peopletools PIA page??

I have tried all but of no use!!
  • 8. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    PTDMO should have worked OOTB.

What is the url you are using for signon?
  • 9. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    Michel Journeyer
    Sounds like you're using the wrong URL. The URL should be something like this:

http://{hostname}:{port}/psp/{DOMAIN}/?cmd=login

The values between { } are dependent on your configuration. The /psp/ part is the important one; if you use /psc/ you'll get the error message you're getting.
  • 10. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    To avoid the issue Michel describes, always use following signon url:

http://<server>:<port>/<site>/signon.html

This will redirect you to the correct signin page.
  • 11. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    ajith Newbie
    Thanks Michel and Hakan,i am using the below URL guess there's no problem in that,

http://10.201.30.92/psp/ptdemo/?cmd=login

Now after giving PTDMO/PTDMO i am getting this error

Authorization Error -- Contact your Security AdministratorAuthorization Error -- Contact your Security Administrator

Menu
    *     Refresh Menu Minimize Menu Remove Menu*

Authorization Error -- Contact your Security Administrator
  • 12. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    ajith wrote:
    Yes i have created the db(PTDEMO) and loaded all data ptengs.db and all other dms scripts...
    Is your database a Peopletools system database ? Which dms scripts are you talking about exactly ?
    I install PIA over a multiserver domain also...
    Don't you want to start with one and only one PIA first ?

Nicolas.
  • 13. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    ajith Newbie
    Hi Nicolas,

It is a complete peopletools system database without any application installed on it...

PIA is a multiserver domain one...web and app are running fine and i am able to access the PIA login page but when i use any of the OPRID i am getting that above
    error...

Edited by: ajith on Dec 11, 2012 3:24 PM
  • 14. Re: PeopleSoft login error
    ajith wrote:
    PIA is a multiserver domain one...web and app are running fine and i am able to access the PIA login page
    Well, obviously something went wrong somewhere. That's basically why I asked about the dms you executed, and advised to run on the simplest config as possible.
    Which user is used to start AppServer ? Isn't there any error during the first load ? What's your OS ? How have you deploy the PIA (options) ?
    Any logs from web server itself ?
    Moreover, please copy&paste the url once you get the error.

Nicolas.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points