This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 3:06 AM by fac586 RSS

Sum on Interactive Report.

LéoVic Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello, I've created an Interactive Report the contains a colummun whith hours like that "15:00"
and I'm having a problem to sum this on the end of report.

Someone have any ideia how i can do that?

Thaks everybody!

Edited by: LéoVic on 14/11/2012 07:40
  • 1. Re: Sum on Interactive Report.
    Howard (... in Training) Pro
    Hello,

Welcome. You seem to be new. (Hey, I'm a novice myself.) And what kind of a system as we talking about. The solution might differ depending although in this case, I don't think it matters?

- Oracle version
    - APEX version -
    - Web server architecture
    - Browser(s) used -
    - Theme(s) used -
    - Templates used -

Now let me understand what you want . I suppose you have tried setting the "Compute Sum" selection to Yes for the Column Definiition for the column item. And I suppose you got an error because the data is not numeric? Problem is, 15:00 is a character string and not a number in the usual sense of a number. Now 15.00 is a number. This may be overdoing it --- but since no one else is dropping in -- how about creating a hidding column where you convert these times to hours (i.e., numbers) and then you can sum that column. But I don't know how to tell you to do that. And I've spent 30 minutes looking for a simple example of how to sum columns and found exactly none. I even went to Safari books and looked there. Surely, there must be one but what keywords are needed to find it?

>
    {Gripe}I find APEX much like the discoverer of an ancient machine must feel. There's no complete manual. You know you've found a wonderful thing but you're not quite sure how it's supposed to work.{Gripe}
    >

Good luck!
    Howard
  • 2. Re: Sum on Interactive Report.
    LéoVic Newbie
    Hi Howard, tanks for your attention,
    I looked up in a lot of sites and found none way to do that too :(
  • 3. Re: Sum on Interactive Report.
    fac586 Guru
    LéoVic wrote:
    Hello, I've created an Interactive Report the contains a colummun whith hours like that "15:00"
    A column like that should be of type INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND. Is it?
    and I'm having a problem to sum this on the end of report.
    APEX does not support INTERVAL data types in either standard or interactive reports.
    Someone have any ideia how i can do that?
    For an interactive report all I can suggest is converting the interval to decimal in the query and using that column in the IR sum, which will lose the interval formatting.

It's possible to create a user-defined aggregate function to sum intervals, and use this in a standard APEX report: +{message:id=9371014}+

-----

When you have a problem you'll get a faster, more effective response by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
    <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
    <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
    <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
    <li>Theme
    <li>Template(s)
    <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)

With APEX we're also fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. If you expect a detailed answer then it's appropriate for you to take on a significant part of the effort by getting as far as possible with an example of the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which we can then see at first hand.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points