This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 11:51 AM by 974264 RSS

FRM-92101 error There was a failure in forms server

974264 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,
I am getting following error while trying to open a screen which is a FMB basically of forms version 10.1.2.0
"FRM 92101 - there was a failure in the forms server during startup.This could happen due to invalid configuration. Please look into the web server log files for details. "
The app server is on SunOS 5.10 Operating system.

I have checked some web server log files. And have found below :
In file error_log_135289940... - File does not exist: /10gas/forms/java/oracle/forms/registry/default.dat.

And in file naming OC4J~OC4J~BI_FORMS~defauly_island~1 : the message is " Forms session <157> aborted: unable to communicate with runtime process."

Please suggest . I will be grateful to you.

Edited by: 971261 on Nov 14, 2012 8:55 AM
  • 1. Re: FRM-92101 error There was a failure in forms server
    vansul Pro
    /10gas/forms/java/oracle/forms/registry/default.dat
    file read write permission error.
    if /10gas/forms/java/oracle/forms/registry/default.dat. does not exist then create /10gas/forms/java/oracle/forms/registry/default.dat.
  • 2. Re: FRM-92101 error There was a failure in forms server
    974264 Newbie
    Hi . thanks for the reply.
    On which file read write permissions needed to be set ? On fmb and fmx the read permissions are already there .
    And if this default.bat file I need to check its there or not... If its not there then how to create that ??
  • 3. Re: FRM-92101 error There was a failure in forms server
    Andreas Weiden Guru
    You might check your formsweb.cfg if there is somewhere a reference to that filename. In general, there is a file called registry.dat, maybe someone changed the configuration by accident.
  • 4. Re: FRM-92101 error There was a failure in forms server
    974264 Newbie
    HI ,
    In the path /10gas/forms/java/oracle/forms/registry there is a file named registry.dat and it has rw- permission.
    But I dont have default.dat file in this location.
    Please advise.
    Timely respinse will be higly appreciated.
  • 5. Re: FRM-92101 error There was a failure in forms server
    974264 Newbie
    HI All,
    I am in urgent need of resolving this problem. Please help out.
  • 6. Re: FRM-92101 error There was a failure in forms server
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    The error you are seeing in the log is expected and can be ignored. I won't waste space here explaining why it is there.

FRM-92101 means that the Forms runtime engine (frmweb) either failed to start or crashed after it was already running. You need to be looking in the /forms/trace directory. It is here that Forms crash dump files will be created whenever possible. The contents of these files may help to explain why the form is failing. I would recommend testing an alternative form to ensure that the problem is not related to configuration. You can easily test the provided test form with a url that looks something like this:

http://server:port/forms/frmservlet?form=test

If this works, then it is likely the problem is in your form. You indicated that you are using 10.1.2.0. Not only is this version obsolete, it is no longer entitled to Premier Support. If you have an account with Oracle, I recommend patching to the terminal patch for this version. Refer to MyOracleSupport note 1506026.1 for more information about patching this version. If you are connecting to an 11.1 or newer db, I strongly encourage you to patch to 10.1.2.3 or newer, as this may be related to your issue.

I would also recommend that if the test form works, you should regenerate your failing form and ensure that you use the compile_all=yes option. For example:
    <blockquote>frmcmp.exe module=myForm module_type=form userid=scott/tiger@orcl compile_all=yes</blockquote>
    Finally, if this is an "urgent" issue, I recommend you contact Oracle Support as a forum is not the place for urgency.

Edited by: Michael Ferrante (Oracle) on Nov 15, 2012 4:06 PM
  • 7. Re: FRM-92101 error There was a failure in forms server
    974264 Newbie
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I have made changes it using all-compile=yes option. but it didn't work out.

And, all other forms of the application are working fine. So not sure is the problem with the configuration.

About applying the latest patches, I am thinking on that.

Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points