2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 3:58 PM by 853104 RSS

DB adaptor polling, edited sql does not work correctly

853104 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Please considet the following table

BPELProcess State
BPEL1 0
BPEL2 0

My DB adaptor is polling on this table to check for the state 0.after reading it changes it to 1. and invokes the bpel process 1 .Bpel1 invokes another process which changes the state back to 0 .

DBAdaptor polling freq is 2 min

DB adaptor SQL is
SELECT BPELPROCESS, STATE FROM INVOKEDMADMPKG WHERE (((BPELPROCESS = BPEL1) AND (STATE = 0)) AND (ROWNUM <= 1)) ORDER BY BPELPROCESS ASC FOR UPDATE NOWAIT

but i used to see 2 instances every 2 minutes,i should see 1.

when i deleted the 2nd row from the database table then it started working fine FOR SOME TIME and thenm the issue returned.

I see twp bpel instances every 2 min

Why cannot i pol on condition where BPEL PRocess =BPEL1 and State =0

Is there a way to accomplish this

Edited by: 850101 on Nov 14, 2012 2:10 PM
  • 1. Re: DB adaptor polling, edited sql does not work correctly
    vladodias Guru
    850101 wrote:
    DB adaptor ... check for the state 0 ... changes it to 1 ... changes the state back to 0 ...
    BPEL will allways work in a transaction... So the change to 1 in the middle of the transaction doesn't make much sense, it will never be visible by other threads...

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve with that construction but I would say DbAdapter/Bpel wasn't designed to work like that... The results will be unpredictable, as you noticed yourself on your tests...

If you need a BPEL to be invoked every two minutes you may have a look at using a scheduler...
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/soasuite/learnmore/soascheduler-186798.pdf

Cheers,
    Vlad
  • 2. Re: DB adaptor polling, edited sql does not work correctly
    853104 Newbie
    Hi ,
    Thanks for your response.The document seems very informative

I m using 10.1.3.4.Would the document be applicable to 10g as well.

Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points