4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 5:50 AM by oracledigger RSS

dbAdapter, Polling, transaction problem.

I have created a SOA composite application (in jdev that contains : a dbAdapter + polling option activated.

The dbAdapter posts the data retrieved from the database to a BPEL process.

In the dbAdapter I checked the box "Do synchronous post to BPEL process".

At the end of BPEL Process there is a "Reply" activity back to the dbAdapter.

In Entreprise Manager console, when data are read from the database I then see that :
      1- They are well posted to the BPEL process.
      2- The BPEL process contains an Invoke operation to another dbAdapter (update only) to write to the database, that works correctly.
      3- After the Invoke operation (in step 2) there is an error shown in EM console that says "Cannot call commit when using distributed transactions.".
      4- In Entreprise Manager console, the instances are marked as "Interrupted" (Because of a CatchAll activity that contains a "Terminate" activity).

After reading some documentation, it seems that the option "Do synchronous post to BPEL process" induces that the whole called BPEL process is within a transaction.

Si I'd like to know if it is possible to get back to a non-transactional mode for avoiding the Fault that is catched when calling the other dbAdapter ("Cannot call commit when using distributed transactions.")

Thanks if any clue is given :)