Hello, I'm having some troubles with connecting using Oracle DataAccess component. In particular, when using .Net 4 Framework, the first connection to the database takes about 20-25 seconds!
Here's my setup:
- Web server running 64-bit Windows Web Server 2008 SP2 with IIS 7.0
- Oracle server running 64-bit Windows Server Standard 2008 SP2 with Oracle 11g
The version of ODAC component is 184.108.40.206 / 220.127.116.11
The first strange thing is that, when I set an application on .NET 4 in IIS, I need to "Enable 32-bit Application" in order for it to work.
I made some tests with a very simple query: "SELECT 1 FROM dual" and here's the results:
- Classic ASP (ADODB.Connection): a fraction of a second to connect
- .NET 2 with System.Data.OracleClient: a fraction of a second to connect
- .NET 4 with Oracle.DataAccess: 20-25 seconds
Moreover, if I launch the first connection thru Classic ASP, then the .NET 4 connection is very fast, as it happen in any case from the second connection on...
This way, I excluded the problem is in the connection string, since it's always pretty much the same. I also excluded it could be a TNS problem, since they all use the same TNS (I think).
That's all I've come up with, and I'm not a big Oracle expert so I hope someone here can help me sorting the situation out!
Can you check the used sqlnet.ora file.
I have seen such strange connection times sometimes when
the following line was present.
Try to comment it out if it is present.