This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 4:35 AM by sgcmnk RSS

Webcenter content: login page

sgcmnk Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

May i know what is the default page when i hit http://xxx:16200/cs.

Also is it possible to change the default favicon and the logo on the page which comes when i hit the above url

If yes, is it possible to do it without creating a custom component

If custom component is required may i know how to achieve this

Thanks
S. Muthukumaran
  • 1. Re: Webcenter content: login page
    jiri.machotka Guru
    There's been a similar thread just recently: Re: Customize Login Page

Note that you may just modify the portal.html at the appropriate server. Using a component provides a bit better management - unlike modifying the file for which you need access to the server's filesystem, via components you may manage it from the admin mode.
  • 2. Re: Webcenter content: login page
    sgcmnk Newbie
    Hi All,

Thanks a lot, but the forum referred did the same for login page(viz log.htm). I want it to do for the landing page.

I tried editing the portal.htm on the server but the change is not stable. After sometime the logo changed to the default one.

if i want to create custom component, may i know what is the template name for the landing page?

Thanks
  • 3. Re: Webcenter content: login page
    jiri.machotka Guru
    I tried editing the portal.htm on the server but the change is not stable. After sometime the logo changed to the default one.
    Just out of curiosity, wasn't it after server restart? If so, I guess there is already a component (might be even a standard one), which modifies the page and it refreshes your changes. Particularly this is easy to verify - just search for all occurrences of portal.htm and check which one is the winner after restart.

Anyway, the thread contains a link to an article which IMHO contains all the necessary details (incl. the template). If not, share where you get stuck.
  • 4. Re: Webcenter content: login page
    sgcmnk Newbie
    Hi ,

Yes you are correct, a standard idoc script modifies the page and it refreshes your changes. Now got it retified

Name of the idoc: home_page_static_content on std_page.idoc, becoz of which my changes didnt get reflected

Also, i referred the link which says to edit home_page template, but i didnt found any template with that name, but later recognize the actual template name is pne_home_page.htm

Thanks a lot

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points