9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 11:37 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

fndcpesr file is missing

Vicky1
      Hi,

I think someone has deleted the fndcpesr file from $FND_TOP/bin.

How can I recreate this file ???

Can I ask unix team to see if a backup exists for this file ? ( i think unix team takes server level backup somewhere ). Even if they give me a backup of the file, just restoring it to $FND_TOP/bin make it work properly ??

Please advice ??

EBS 11.5.10.2
        • 1. Re: fndcpesr file is missing
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Yes - restoring it from backup will work. Or you could copy it from another instance that has an identical patch level

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: fndcpesr file is missing
            Vicky1
            Hi
            Srini
            This is the development instance...

So shall just I copy from test instance and it will run ?? or do I have to run autoconfig after that ??

Edited by: Juggernaut on 12-Oct-2012 06:40
            • 3. Re: fndcpesr file is missing
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              Yes, assuming the OS versions and the EBS patch levels on the two instances are identical.

HTH
              Srini
              • 4. Re: fndcpesr file is missing
                shreevat
                Note that any softlinks you created in development which is not in test would be lost. You would have to re-create them in dev after copying fndcpesr.

Thanks
                Shree
                • 5. Re: fndcpesr file is missing
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  I think someone has deleted the fndcpesr file from $FND_TOP/bin.

How can I recreate this file ???

Can I ask unix team to see if a backup exists for this file ? ( i think unix team takes server level backup somewhere ). Even if they give me a backup of the file, just restoring it to $FND_TOP/bin make it work properly ??

Please advice ??

EBS 11.5.10.2
                  You can simply relink it via adadmin or manually using –> adrelink.sh force=y "fnd fndcpesr"

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: fndcpesr file is missing
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    This is the development instance...

So shall just I copy from test instance and it will run ?? or do I have to run autoconfig after that ??
                    Copying the file is an alternative but this assume that the 2 environments are on the same patch level. Running AutoConfig is not required here.

Again, it would be much easier to relink the executable file as mentioned in my previous update.

Thanks,
                    Hussein
                    • 7. Re: fndcpesr file is missing
                      Vicky1
                      Thanks,
                      Hussein
                      • 8. Re: fndcpesr file is missing
                        SatyenderMalik
                        Hi Hussein,
                        In my case I am creating a Link using the following command
                        ln -s $FND_TOP/bin/fndcpesr XXTEST
                        to link a file names XXTEST.prog (The file XXTEST.prog is under $FND_TOP/bin and just has "echo TEST" as content.). When I run the concurrent Program it errors out with this in Log file.

"/home/apps12/VIS12PH/apps/apps_st/appl/fnd/12.0.0/bin/XXTEST: line 1: lrwxrwxrwx: command not found"

When I did some trouble shooting I realized that the Link file XXTEST has the following content
                        lrwxrwxrwx 1 appstest dba 8 Nov 14 12:46 XXHCCPOC -> fndcpesr, so its trying to run that command.
                        On checking similar files on other instaces I found this file to be Binary file. So, is it a problem with Environment file or something wrong with Instance, or I am missing something.

Regards.
                        • 9. Re: fndcpesr file is missing
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          user1085446 wrote:
                          Hi Hussein,
                          In my case I am creating a Link using the following command
                          ln -s $FND_TOP/bin/fndcpesr XXTEST
                          to link a file names XXTEST.prog (The file XXTEST.prog is under $FND_TOP/bin and just has "echo TEST" as content.). When I run the concurrent Program it errors out with this in Log file.

"/home/apps12/VIS12PH/apps/apps_st/appl/fnd/12.0.0/bin/XXTEST: line 1: lrwxrwxrwx: command not found"

When I did some trouble shooting I realized that the Link file XXTEST has the following content
                          lrwxrwxrwx 1 appstest dba 8 Nov 14 12:46 XXHCCPOC -> fndcpesr, so its trying to run that command.
                          On checking similar files on other instaces I found this file to be Binary file. So, is it a problem with Environment file or something wrong with Instance, or I am missing something.

Regards.
                          Please confirm that you have completed all the steps in (How to Register a Host Concurrent Program in Applications [ID 156636.1]).

Thanks,
                          Hussein