This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 4:52 AM by Gandhaveedi RSS

Active connection count keep raising with new session in weblogic

Gandhaveedi Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I am Jdev 11.1.2.1.0

In my weblogic active connection count for deployed application is keep increasing for every new session, after reaching maximum connection count I am not able to access the application link.

I am checking all connections whether it is closed or not in my home page.

I am loading LOV values through view object and using stored proc to validate the login credentials in my home page.

please suggest me how I can resolve this issue.

thanks,
Veeresh
  • 1. Re: Active connection count keep raising with new session in weblogic
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Hi,

this information doesn't allow any educated guess on what is happening.

Frank
  • 2. Re: Active connection count keep raising with new session in weblogic
    Gandhaveedi Newbie
    Hi Frank,

Thanks for your response. here is the details about my problem.

1. As I mentioned in the previous post I am using JDev 11.1.2.1.0.
    2.Upon launching the link in the browser, one connection will be created in Connection pool for the particular session and this connection will remain active though the session is expired and this connection will not be returned to the connection pool at all.
    3.The connections which we are using from the page(to validate login), we are closing it properly. this connection will be taken from the connection pool and returned back to the pool properly.
    4. Not sure how the the connection is created for every session and why its not releasing though the session is expired.

Below table shows the details.(I was not able to copy and paste table from weblogic).

I accessed my application link in 2 browser sessions, for that 2 connections are created and they never returned back to the connection pool at all.

JDBC DataSource Runtime Statistics (Filtered - More Columns Exist)

Active Connections Current Count Active Connections High Count Connections Total Count JDBC Driver Num Unavailable Prep Stmt Cache Miss Count PrepAccess Cache

2     3     3     oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource     2     9     9

please suggest me how to check from where this connection is getting created for every session and how to close this connection.

please let me know more details required.

thanks,
    Veeresh
  • 3. Re: Active connection count keep raising with new session in weblogic
    kdario Expert
    >
    we are closing it properly
    >
    So, are you using try-catch-finally and close ResultSet-Statement-Connection (in this order, without masking any exception)?

>
    oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource
    >
    This is wrong data source driver. You need 'standard' datasource and not XA
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24382_01/web.1112/e16182/deployment_topics.htm#ADFFD23083

Dario
  • 4. Re: Active connection count keep raising with new session in weblogic
    Gandhaveedi Newbie
    Hi Dario,

Thanks for your response.

I tried using standard datasource oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver, but still I am facing the same problem.

the problem is one superate connection will be created for every individual session at the time of launching the application url, not sure from where this connection is created and this connection will remain unclosed forever.

I am completely stuck, any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks,
    Veeresh

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points