This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 5:11 AM by Saro RSS

Previous module data is replaced by the recent load

Saro Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi friends,

Once the projects module data is loaded in the Datawarehouse and after that I cannot see the SCM module data that I loaded before using DAC in the BI Dashboard in which it is visible in BI dashboard before the projects module load.

And also after the SCM module data is loaded, I cannot see the Finance and HRMS data which is loaded before using DAC in the BI Dashboard.

Im not sure with this problem why does the recent module load is overlapping the previous module load data in the Datawarehouse.

What might be the reason for this issue. Still dint get the cause of this issue.

Thanks

Regards,
Saro
  • 1. Re: Previous module data is replaced by the recent load
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Read this post once
    Dac load
  • 2. Re: Previous module data is replaced by the recent load
    Saro Explorer
    Dear Svee,

Thanks for the useful link i think i made mistake by running all the module in "full load" by checking the check box in DAC.

Like you adviced, first load needs to be full load followed by the remaining module load which needs to be incremental load.

As a first full load module i started to load "Project Module" by checking the full load check box and it loaded fine showing the respective data in dashboard.

After that i started to load SCM module load as a "incremental load" without checking the full load check box, believing that this SCM load will not replace my previous projects data in the DWH.

While loading the SCM module i have one failed task like below
    SIL_PositionDimensionHierarchy
    From the log file i got the error like "ORA-26002: Table BIAPPS.W_POSITION_DH has index defined upon it." While googled related to that error i found to follow the below solution like
    Change the Target Load Type to be Normal.
    Drop the indexes before loading the target.Disable the Enable Parallel Mode option. 
    Where i need to do the above changes can you explain the above points elaborately inorder to do the changes for the failed task to resolve.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Saro
  • 3. Re: Previous module data is replaced by the recent load
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    For "Change the Target Load Type to be Normal."
    In workflow manager, for that session properties, connections tab select the target table from left and at right side target properties you find 'Bulk' change to 'Normal' and Save
  • 4. Re: Previous module data is replaced by the recent load
    Saro Explorer
    Dear Svee,

Yes like you said i change the Target Load option from Bulk to Normal in Workflow manager.

For the below line
    Drop the indexes before loading the target.
    whether i need to drop all the indexes that was created in the table "W_POSITION_DH" in DWH, i have more than 50 indexes created for that table
    Disable the Enable Parallel Mode option.
    Also for the above point where i need to enable the parallel Mode option in DAC.

Thanks

Regards,
    Saro
  • 5. Re: Previous module data is replaced by the recent load
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    I dont think so you need to anything more if you set 'Normal' mode at session level.

Run the load and let me know if you have any issues.
  • 6. Re: Previous module data is replaced by the recent load
    Saro Explorer
    Hi svee,

After now i restarted the load now the issue is seems to be with unique constraint for the same failed task as this is the below error from the log
    ORA-00001: unique constraint (BIAPPS.W_POSITION_DH_P1) violated
    As the above index is related to the ROW_ID column of my table W_POSITION_DH which has nearly 14,432 records.

Regards,
    Saro
  • 7. Re: Previous module data is replaced by the recent load
    Saro Explorer
    Hi svee,

Whether can i restart the EP, by truncating the table W_POSITION_DH for this issue.

This will help.

Regards,
    Saro
  • 8. Re: Previous module data is replaced by the recent load
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    I need to know the load type full or incr?
    Since you are running 3 modules individual I need to know the run type.
    I would suggest to run load by resetting the datawarehouse and followed by a incr load.

I think this would be good test run to confirm that issues are fixed.
  • 9. Re: Previous module data is replaced by the recent load
    Saro Explorer
    Hi Svee,

Im running this SCM load as a incremental load(since i have unchecked the full load always check box in the EP in DAC).

Before the above SCM load i performed a projects module load(as a full load, since i checked the full load always check box in the EP in DAC) and the projects load went fine as i can see the corresponding data for it in BI dashboard.

Whether can i continue the SCM load or i need to reset the Datawarehouse like u said.

or else

What approach can i do for the SCM failed task(which results in the unique constraint error-->whether can i truncate the target table in DWH and restart the load in EP)

What do u say svee.

Regards,
    Saro
  • 10. Re: Previous module data is replaced by the recent load
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Try to create a new EP with required modules do not check for Full load.
    Once you build the new EP use Dac tools to reset the data warehouse and run the EP, the very first load would be treated as Full load and followed loads are Incr.
    If you want to go for full load just reset the data warehouse and run EP.

Just in case if you want to add another module to existing EP just add those respective subject areas and build the EP and start run the EP. In this case all other modules are run as Incr Mode and the new module as Full Mode.

This should work.
  • 11. Re: Previous module data is replaced by the recent load
    Saro Explorer
    Dear Svee,

Thanks a lot. Really the way u suggest did a trick.

Im very glad that my issue is solved.

Thanks for your timely and precious help.
    :D

Regards,
    Saro

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points