This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
Please find below steps to do the migration using the .dmp file. Please be careful while playing with .dmp files.
Imp Note : Please do the necessary backups before proceedings the steps.
1. Create a new database on <Target Environment> RDBMS Server for your planning application.
2. Configure a data source on <Target Environment> Planning Server.
3. Create fresh planning application on Production Server and Ensure the admin is the same as your planning application on Development Server.
4. Go into the database tables for the planning app on Production Server and look at table HSP_USERS; store the SID value against user 50001.
5. Go into the database planning system tables on Production Server and HSPSYS_APPLICATION, clear out the version field for the application you have created.
6. Stop Planning.
7. Restore the planning application database on Development over the one created in the first step (to the <Target Environment> Server Database). (Drop and Recreate the .dmp files)
8. Go into the HSP_USERS table and update the SID for user id 50001
9. Start planning
10. Go to planning web and you should see your application when you try and log in it should take you to a migrate screen.
The HSP_USERS table will only need updating if the application owner is not the default admin and if the source planning application is from a different environment.
The HSPSYS_APPLICATION table should not need to be touched, I only remember having to change that in version 9.
The migrate option is only if the source planning application was on a different version than the target.
John, when it comes to importing the dmp file, I have a script something like this:
imp system/password@HYPDLL file=E:\OracleBackup\FILENAME.dmp, log=LOGPATH.log, rows=y, indexes=y, grants=y, const
However, can you explain how we can drop all the objects from a schema. Any script or the process to do it manually?