This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 11:12 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Do we need to bounce Oacore jvms / OPMN after Db bounce ?

Vijay.Cherukuri Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

If we bounce Db do we need to bounce oacore services opmn services on middle tier also ?

As far i know only CM bounce is sufficient.

-Thanks
  • 1. Re: Do we need to bounce Oacore jvms / OPMN after Db bounce ?
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Vijay.Cherukuri wrote:
    Hi,

If we bounce Db do we need to bounce oacore services opmn services on middle tier also ?

As far i know only CM bounce is sufficient.

-Thanks
    No, however it is recommended you bounce all the application services when you bounce the database.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Do we need to bounce Oacore jvms / OPMN after Db bounce ?
    Vijay.Cherukuri Newbie
    Thanks Hussein,

Yesterday I have bounced Database and restarted ICM,

Client also confirmed they can access Application. BUt after almost 15 hours they got Internal server errors.

If the Db goes down all JVMs lost connection to db , after db comes up does all oacore/ JVMs gets db connection automatically ?

--thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 3. Re: Do we need to bounce Oacore jvms / OPMN after Db bounce ?
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Yesterday I have bounced Database and restarted ICM,

Client also confirmed they can access Application. BUt after almost 15 hours they got Internal server errors.
    Please check Apache log files and the application.log files for any errors.
    If the Db goes down all JVMs lost connection to db , after db comes up does all oacore/ JVMs gets db connection automatically ?
    Yes and this explains why the customer was able to access the application after you bounced the database for 15 hours. However, as I mentioned above, it is better if you bounce all the services (since you bounced the database, the application will be inaccessible during this time so bouncing all the application services in the best practice here).

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points