This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 1:19 PM by 657475 RSS

Problem with af:showPrintablePageBehavior and Internet Explorer

Thomas_H Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, I am using JDeveloper 11.1.2.1.0.

I have a table with the iterators Range size = -1 and the tables AutoHeightRows and FetchSize set to estimatedRowCount.

I have added a commandButton with af:showPrintablePageBehavior to the page.
The table I am printing generates 4 pages in Firefox, Chrome and Safari. In Internet Explorer 8 and 9 I only get 1 page. (The metadata on the page also say page 1 of 1. )

Unfortunately we have some customers that use Internet Explorer, so how do I make this work for them?

All data is viewed at the printable page in IE, but when printed there is only 1 page.

Regards,
Thomas H.
  • 1. Re: Problem with af:showPrintablePageBehavior and Internet Explorer
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Hi,

not sure this is an issue with the showPrintablePageBehavior if IE shows all data in the browser after using this behavior. The print functionality is owned by the browser and obviously it doesn't get to all of the page content (which I think is out of the ADF Faces scope). You may try and file a Service Request with customer support for them to have a look. However, if the showPrintablePageBehavior properly displays the data, then I am not sure what we can do to make the browser native print functionality working

Frank
  • 2. Re: Problem with af:showPrintablePageBehavior and Internet Explorer
    Thomas_H Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Understand how this is probably Microsoft's fault, but I have tried to print other webpages that don't use ADF and it works like a charm. Shouldn't content be presented in a way the browser understand and not the other way around?

Since the other browsers work and the page looks ok in IE before printing it, I agree that I probably should contact Microsoft.

Thomas
  • 3. Re: Problem with af:showPrintablePageBehavior and Internet Explorer
    657475 Newbie
    Hi Thomas,

Did you find a workaround for this issue?

We are getting the same issue with one of our print pages. It displays all pages correctly in the printable version, but will only actually print one page on paper.

The same page works fine in IE8 and all other browsers. The issue only occurs with IE9.

Regards,
    Kaz.

Edited by: Kazz on Nov 15, 2012 1:18 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points