5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 4:06 PM by Daniel Willis RSS

Unable to launch maxl from Run

ragavhere
      Hi,

I am not able to launch essmsh.exe or esscmd.exe from windows Run. However i am able to launch it essmsh and esscmd from the essbaseclient folder EPM_ORACLE_HOME\products\Essbase\EssbaseClient\bin.

When I launch it from run the command window points to EPM_ORACLE_HOME\products\Essbase\eas\server\bin and says the dll files are missing.

I tried to reinstall essbase client. But still no luck. I installed the client to EPM_ORACLE_HOME\products\Essbase\EssbaseClient\bin.

On an other server I get "Windows cannot find essmsh.exe" error when i launch from Run.

Version - 11.1.2.2

Regards,
      Ragav.
        • 1. Re: Unable to launch maxl from Run
          JohnGoodwin
          Try startMaxl.bat more info at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17236_01/epm.1112/epm_install_1112200/ch12s02s08.html

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: Unable to launch maxl from Run
            ragavhere
            John,

I was able to launch using startMaxL.bat. But launching from Run was the problem. I was able to get it working. I had to add the path D:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase\EssbaseClient\bin to "PATH" variable.

But on one server, I am able to launch using startMaxL.bat but not from Run. When I try to launch Essmsh.exe directly from the EssbaseClient folder or from Run i get the error

"This application has failed to start because essmaxlu.dll was not found. Re-installing may fix this problem"

But i do find essmaxlu.dll existing in the folder. I have tried reinstalling. But still the same

Regards,
            Ragav.
            • 3. Re: Unable to launch maxl from Run
              Layi
              Hey raghav
              Ii Have the same issue Please let me know if you get this.
              • 4. Re: Unable to launch maxl from Run
                ragavhere
                Layi(If thats your name),

As I said, I was able to get it working by adding the path of the essbase client install to "PATH" variable. In my case, I installed it to D:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase. So I added D:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase\EssbaseClient\bin to "PATH" variable. Then it was working.

But on one server, I still have the issue of launching the client from Run. But I dont have any essbase jobs that run on that server. So as a workaround I start it using startMaxL.bat if needed.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
                Ragav.
                • 5. Re: Unable to launch maxl from Run
                  Daniel Willis
                  I run C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase\EssbaseClient\bin\startMaxl.cmd

or from a batch: call C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase\EssbaseClient\bin\startMaxl.cmd Script.mxl