4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 12:06 AM by Matthew Morris RSS

Reference book for Oracle Linux exam 1Z0-402

Kazi
      Hi gurus!

Can you please give me useful reference books which cover the al topics for Oracle Linux Exam 1Z0-402 preparation?

Thanks
      Mokarem
        • 1. Re: Reference book for Oracle Linux exam 1Z0-402
          bigdelboy
          Kazi wrote:
          Hi gurus!

Can you please give me useful reference books which cover the al topics for Oracle Linux Exam 1Z0-402 preparation?

Thanks
          Mokarem
          If you serach this forum over all dates you will find some suggestions, someone was someone was going to do a book but it didn't happen.

.... You might+ find LPIC books useful .... dont buy straight away but take a look at some reviews. But I cant recall the common subset of topics.
          • 2. Re: Reference book for Oracle Linux exam 1Z0-402
            Matthew Morris
            By itself, 1Z0-402 does not grant any certification. Presumably you are going for Oracle Linux Administrator Certified Associate. That certification path also requires passing 1Z0-403. However, you can skip 1Z0-402 if you already have one of several other industry Linux certifications (LPI, Linux+, Ubuntu, Red Hat, or Novell). My recommendation would be to go for one of these certifications, then skip straight to the 1Z0-403 exam. I suggest that for several reasons:

1. There is a lot more study resources for exams like CompTIAs Linux+ available.
            2. The other Linux certifications are better known than Oracle's.
            3. Since 1Z0-402 by itself does not grant a certification, going this route gets you two certifications for the price of one.

Edited by: matthew_morris on Nov 16, 2012 12:47 AM (Fixed dyslexic Exam # typos that Bigdelboy pointed out.)
            • 3. Re: Reference book for Oracle Linux exam 1Z0-402
              bigdelboy
              At the time I post this Matthew has incorrectly put 1z0-042 for 1z0-402 and 1z0-043 for 1z0-403. Otherwise I essentially agree with what he says.

If you are going for LPIC-1 then there is a new version next year and ISBN-13: 978-1118495636 is released to match { I kind of like that book myself ... but it wont suit everybody from where they at .... so its hard to recommend without really know where someone is at and intend to be going .... read other reviews .... }. I have down LPIC-1 (its a 2 exam job) ... I think I recall Matthew has done something down the COMPTIA side ... I cant compare the plus's and minus's of both. One thing to note that for LPIC one needs to take exams every 5 years ... ie from once LPIC-1 you need to get LPIC-2 within 5 years or effectively your certification expires. ( That doesn't happen with Oracle ).

1z0-403 (currently) refers to a version of linux that is now obsolete ... ( probably still in somewhat widespread use but obsolete) and may be living in a 32-bit world.
              • 4. Re: Reference book for Oracle Linux exam 1Z0-402
                Matthew Morris
                I think I recall Matthew has done something down the COMPTIA side
                Yep. I hold the Linux+ certification (also Security+, but that's not really relevant here). However, I don't have LPIC so I can't compare the two either. There are some free study resources for Linux+ online (and unlike the 'free' Oracle resources all too common online, these particular ones aren't illegal dumps). I used ProProfs when I was studying for the certification a few years back. Didn't use the second one -- I found it just this evening while I was Googling to find the Proprofs link.

http://www.proprofs.com/mwiki/index.php?title=Free_Linux%2B_Certification_Exam_Study_Resources

http://www.mcmcse.com/comptia/linux/studyguide.shtml