This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 1:47 AM by Sushant Sharma RSS

Customizing the standard page?

925715 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Everyone,

I have given one link of one project. When i open the link in my browser, in that the first page is login page after that many pages are there. out of those 2 pages are built in OAF.
For those two OAF pages i have to do some modifications and put it there again.

how can i get the class and java files to customize the page?
from where i can get?

its urgent plz let me know.

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

Go to 'About this page' at bottom of the page which you want to customize.
    There you will find the path of the page like /oracle/apps/...webui/PG.

You will find all the related class files at $JAVA_TOP followed by the above directory structure.

Also, refer below link for basic understanding of directory structure in OAF:
    http://sushantsharmaa.blogspot.in/2012/10/oaf-directory-structure-location-of.html

--Sushant

Edited by: Sushant Sharma on 15 Nov, 2012 5:26 PM
  • 2. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    keerthioaf Expert
    Kumar ,

You will find only class and xml files on the server , you can get it from Java top directory with specific application short name .

path will look something like oracle/apps/pa/progress/webui - ( you will find all .class files ) move it to your local machine
    and decompile them to convert them to java file , make a necessary change and compile it back and move to server .

You can also obtain the path by Clicking about this page (link) on OAF page you want to extend .

Let me know if its not clear .

Keerthi
  • 3. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    925715 Explorer
    Hi,

thanks to both of u.
    i enabled the profiles but still im not getting about this page link.
    Fnd:self service defn, fnd: diagnostics.
    what to do now?

Thanks.
  • 4. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

If fnd: diagnostics is set to yes, then it should show about this page link.

Try by clearing cache from Functional Administrator and login again into the application.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 5. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    925715 Explorer
    Hi sushant,

i have given one project link (which is used worldwide) not the oaf page link. when i open the link it shows me login page of the project. then after few pages it has two OAF pages which i need to modify.
    i think this link is not at all related to Oracle Apps Ebiz suite.
    i dont know how to find out the path without About this page.
    I enabled the profiles in Ebiz.
    What can i do for this?
    How can we get the class and java files of any standard page(oracle seeded page)?

Thanks.
  • 6. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    keerthioaf Expert
    Kumar ,

When the application is taking you to OAF page does it asking for a Login details ??

Please look into the URL if its displaying the file path , like OA.jsp /oracle / apps / .......webui / xxPG .xml .
    If the path exist some thing like above then You can ask the team to provide the FTP details ( winscp / putty )
    navigate to the directory mentioned in the path ( JAVA TOP ) and you can try to get the files .

Keerthi
  • 7. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    925715 Explorer
    Hi Keerthi,

no its not asking me to login to view the oaf page.
    can u plz tel me how can we customize oracle seeded page like iStore? how can we get the related files and from where?

Thanks.
  • 8. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

For accessing the files, you must know the exact path of the page which can be get from 'About this page' link.

Alternatively, you can go to 'Functional Administrator -> Personalization' and there search with /oracle/apps/<appln_short_name>/
    Here you will get all the pages under that particular application.

As Keerthi suggested, you can get your page name from URL. Thus find the path by searching pages at /oracle/apps/<appln_short_name>/

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 9. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    925715 Explorer
    Hi,

The page url is seems like this: http://dev2.strtlet123.net:8001/OA_HTML/mypage.jsp
    what to do now?

Thanks.
  • 10. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    keerthioaf Expert
    Kumar ,

That URL don't have any file path , you can alternatively try this , Right on OAF page - > view source - > and search with the key word
    action it will have value some thing like this

action="/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/irc/candidateSelfService/webui/VisHomePG&_ri=821&OAPB=IRC_BRAND&_ti=194853334&
    Using FTP navigate to /oracle/apps/<appln_short_name>/ and download the files to your local machine

Eg : You complete file path will look something like

/oracle/apps/<appln_short_name>/candidateSelfService/webui/

Keerthi
  • 11. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    SumitSharma Expert
    Hi Kumar,
    If 'About this Page' link doesn't show up even after enabling Fnd: Diagnostics, then you are not dealing with a OA Framework page. It must be a JSP Page (created using JTF framework). You can check the View source (after right click) and idenfity the JSPs and class files associated.
    Please contact a JSP developer and he/she would be able to make changes as appropriate.

Regards
    Sumit
  • 12. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    925715 Explorer
    Hi,

thanks both of u for helping me.
    i have checked the source by right clicking on the page and searched for "action".
    but i found some jsp pages not the path specified bt keerthi.
    page123.jsp
    page456.jsp like this i got under action.

Is this not an OAF page?
    what should i do now?

Thanks.
  • 13. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    SumitSharma Expert
    Kumar,
    You should request assistance from a consultant who knows JAVA-JSP. I am aware of similar activity being worked in iSupplier, iRecruitment modules.
  • 14. Re: Customizing the standard page?
    keerthioaf Expert
    Kumar ,

Can you mail me the screen shot of the page , you can hide the URL part if its confidential .

I will confirm if its OAF page or not .

And if its not a OAF page then as Sumit said you need to communicate to the JSP developer who has developed this .
    And to do further extension / Modification to regular JSP page would entirely different .

Keerthi
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points