This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 12:20 AM by 782780 RSS

Customer Standard page is behaving differently in two different instances Y

782780 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
HI Guru's,

I am querying the data in one Customer standard page in support6 instance for eg: 27868 is a Acccount Number we are searching for this and we are getting the Data in this instance here the thing is the Account is Inactive and we can view even Inactive customers in this.

Now we are seraching for the Customer Number(Acct. Number) same : 27868 in Support 3 instance now here the magic thing i found is i am unable to get the Data in this intance here this one also in backend it is Inactive Customer and this is also a Standard page there is no customization for this.

Why these two instances are behaving like this if i search for a Same Account Number in Customer search page its a oracle standard page there is no customization.

Support 6 -- Is Multi node having 2 nodes
Support 3 -- Is Multi node having 3 nodes .

Previously we have perform one customization we have changed the query in both the instances same query then also it is behaving like previous one, So we plan to remove the complete customization to both of the instances and tried so we are facing this Issue.

Note : Support 6 having some Oracle Patches is different from Support 3 Patches means some patches is not applied in Support 3 instances.

So, is there any issue of those patches and these are not OAF Patches its some Apps Patches.

Please it's a High Priority issue for me so OAF Guru's update me your valuable answers to me so that i can check out why it is behaving like this.
  • 1. Re: Customer Standard page is behaving differently in two different instances Y
    shreevat Pro
    Please confirm if the customer screen is customized/personalized in all instances. Additionally you mentioned you have removed the customization. Please provide the steps followed while deleting the customization? Did you bounce the apache after removing the customization?

Thanks
    Shree
  • 2. Re: Customer Standard page is behaving differently in two different instances Y
    Jeet_A Journeyer
    Hi,

Patches needs to be there on all Application nodes. If OA Page files under Patch differs eg. PG.xml VO.xml or java files. Page will behave differently. Results can be different.

Thanks,
    Jit
  • 3. Re: Customer Standard page is behaving differently in two different instances Y
    782780 Newbie
    Hi
    I have removed my personalizations and customizations in all nodes like this,
    begin
    jdr_utils.deletedocument('/oracle/apps/ar/hz/components/search/server/customizations/site/0/HzPuiDQMSrchResultsVO');
    end;

Commit ;

begin
    jdr_utils.deletedocument('/oracle/apps/ar/hz/components/search/webui/customizations/site/0/HzPuiDQMSearchResults');
    end;

Commit ;
    Next i have run jdr_utils.printdocument also in all the instances so i got these output
    Error: Could not find document /oracle/apps/ar/hz/components/search/server/customizations/site/0/HzPuiDQMSrchResultsVO

Error: Could not find document /oracle/apps/ar/hz/components/search/webui/customizations/site/0/HzPuiDQMSearchResults

in all the instances same , so now its a standard functionality right because i have reverted back my customizations.
    i have these two scripts because 1. this is for Vo substitution removed and 2. this is for two new attributes that i added before that was removed.

Even i have checked the "About this page" link and then we tried to see the query and we got the standrad query only.

Yes DBA bounced all the 3 nodes for Support 3 and in Support 6 also he bounced 2 nodes.
    The Database has only 1 common node and 1 $java_Top which is shared for all the 3 nodes for support 3 instance and for Support 6 instance that is diffrent $Java_Top .

Edited by: Kiran Paspulate on Nov 16, 2012 1:43 PM
  • 4. Re: Customer Standard page is behaving differently in two different instances Y
    shreevat Pro
    Then issue might be with the patchsets being different. Also is this happening only for a specific customer or for all inactive customers?

Thanks
    Shree
  • 5. Re: Customer Standard page is behaving differently in two different instances Y
    782780 Newbie
    Hi Shree,

Actually we are not getting only that particular customer and about Inactive customers yes it is coming there is no problem for that.
    But we are still checking we are not getting only this particular customer or some other also.

Thanks
    Kiran

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points