3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 8:03 AM by JohnGoodwin RSS

EAS- [JRockit] ERROR: The JVM has crashed

Hi Experts,

EAS crashed with error-

!!!Setting HBR appname to : HBR:HBRAPP
      [JRockit] ERROR: The JVM has crashed. Writing crash information to..........*.dump
      Error Message: Illegal memory access. [54]
      Signal info : si_signo=11, si_code=128 si_addr=(nil)
      Version : Oracle JRockit(R) R28.0.2-11-135406-1.6.0_20-20100624-2119-linux-x86_64

Please suggest .

Regards
      Kumar

Edited by: Kumar 1 on Nov 17, 2012 10:32 PM
        • 1. Re: EAS- [JRockit] ERROR: The JVM has crashed
          JohnGoodwin
          Sometimes it is not easy to find a definitive answer, depending on the activity and load then the EAS server can sometimes crash, if it is happening frequently then you will need to try and monitor closely.

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: EAS- [JRockit] ERROR: The JVM has crashed
            Thanks John for the help.

I see load on server is normal and activities are also seems regular (not unusual).

I found Doc @ metalink; Please I would like your view as your advice which is inavaluable.

Doc "JRockit JVM Crash - R28.0.1 with "Illegal memory access" error message (Doc ID 1295504.1)"

If not then what need to monitor closely???

Regards
            Kumar
            • 3. Re: EAS- [JRockit] ERROR: The JVM has crashed
              JohnGoodwin
              If it frequently happens then the document you pointed out specifies it is a possible bug, there is also the following doc "Jrockit Cashes With Illegal Memory Access [ID 1424602.1]"
              It should read crashes not cashes but that is the way it is documented in Oracle Support.
              If the problem does occur frequently then it is worth logging with Oracle and see if they recommend upgrading the version of JRockit.

Cheers

John
              http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/