This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 11:58 PM by Pavan69 RSS

BPEL 11g based Scheduling Using BPM Timer Activity

Pavan69 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Team,

Can any one throw Some light how to implement Oracle BPEL 11g based Scheduling (Not using QUARTZ, the open source scheduler).
My client is not want to use QUARTZ, the open source scheduler.
So can any one on the same.. the requirement is like every morning Syatem automatically assign tasks to the Next level Manager. So we need to USe Timer Activity of BPM 11g??

Regards,
Pavan
  • 1. Re: BPEL 11g based Scheduling Using BPM Timer Activity
    vladodias Guru
    My client is not want to use QUARTZ, the open source scheduler.
    Any particular reason? If they don't want to use the open source there are commercial products available... google "soa bpm scheduler" and you will see plenty... And most of them are based on quartz...
    So can any one on the same.. the requirement is like every morning Syatem automatically assign tasks to the Next level Manager. So we need to USe Timer Activity of BPM 11g??
    I'm guessing you may be looking for something like this...
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/doc.1111/e15176/model_bus_procs_bpmpd.htm#BPMPD1507

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
    Vlad
  • 2. Re: BPEL 11g based Scheduling Using BPM Timer Activity
    Pavan69 Newbie
    Hi Vlad,

I am not sure weather I have framed the question properly... let me frame it again...

I've a Manager has 10 team leads and he will receive 50 task.
    And he manually selects selects 6 Leads(This is a manual activity).
    Then,
    a) Where we need to fetch the role from OID for which Lead belongs to which manager
    b) Scheduling i.e., Using BPEL based Java API activity using Timer Activity of BPM(or using some other process if we have) he needs to Route those 50 tasks to this 6 selected leads based on their skills and department. and this scheduling has to be daily task at 7am or 8am after manual process from Manager i.e., selecting the leads for tasks.

Correct me if I have mentioned inadequate information...

Note: As my client dont want Quartz Java based API. I really dont know the reason...(also can u please send me example for my reference quatrz 2.0 based.)

Regards,
    Pavan

Edited by: 971442 on Nov 16, 2012 6:03 AM

Edited by: 971442 on Nov 16, 2012 6:07 AM
  • 3. Re: BPEL 11g based Scheduling Using BPM Timer Activity
    vladodias Guru
    Here's an example of SOA scheduler...
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/soasuite/learnmore/soascheduler-186798.pdf

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
    Vlad
  • 4. Re: BPEL 11g based Scheduling Using BPM Timer Activity
    Pavan69 Newbie
    Hi Vlad,

The url is based on Quatrz Thanks a lot.
    But,
    My client has performance issues with the same..

He is looking like we need to Fetech the users from OID then Automatically assign the task based on Scheduling(either BPM or BPEL based).

Regards,
    Pavan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points