This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 2:06 AM by Suman OTN RSS

How to change the fact table in backend query

Suman OTN Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I have a criteria where f1 is the fact table comming in backend query, how can I change/modify so that if i select same criterian it should come different fact table f2.

Please suggest.
  • 1. Re: How to change the fact table in backend query
    Maqsood Hussain Journeyer
    Hi,

If your measure column in criteria is from f1 then back end query will have f1. If it is from f2 then the back end query will have f2.

If there are no measures in you report, and you want the back end query to have f2 table, then you need to set implicit fact column from f2.

Double click on subject area in presentation layer, and select implicit fact column as any measure column from f2 fact table.

Let me know if it solves your problem.

Thanks
  • 2. Re: How to change the fact table in backend query
    Suman OTN Newbie
    Hi Hussain,

The measure column which is used is comming from both the fact table f1 and f2. But when i take this measure and run in the backend I get the fact table f1.

And the implicit fact column is defined on the fact table f2.

So I am not sure why in the backend it is f1 when I take only one measure in criteria and implicit fact column is defined on f2.

Please suggest.
  • 3. Re: How to change the fact table in backend query
    Hi ,

I couldnt understand your problem.

Please tell me in detail what all columns are there in your report. Give the measure names mapped to F1 and F2.

Thanks
  • 4. Re: How to change the fact table in backend query
    Suman OTN Newbie
    Hi Hussain,

I have a measure 'po amount' which is comming from two fact tables cost_f and line_f from physical layer. I have a implict fact column in presentation layer on a column(internal-row count) from cost_f table.

Now, when I take only 'po amount ' in criteria, in the backend query it should have cost_f table, but i am seeing line_f table.

The reason I am checking in this direction is.

I have criteria with 4 columns and measure column 'po amount' and run the result it is fecting from line_f table.

The same 4 columns and measure column 'po amount' and one new column 'cost center' is added to the critera the fact table changes to cost_f table.

In both the cases the result should result from cost_f table, not sure why line_f is comming in backend query.

Please suggest.
  • 5. Re: How to change the fact table in backend query
    Since you have a measure in your your report implicit fact column is ignored.

Your measure is mapped to 2 facts and obiee is selecting one of the fact sources . (not sure based on what criteria).

If you want your report to get data from F1 pull your implicit fact column (internal-row count) in the report and hide it .

Hope this helps.

Edited by: Maqsood Hussain on Nov 16, 2012 6:08 AM
  • 6. Re: How to change the fact table in backend query
    Suman OTN Newbie
    Hi Hussain,

1.If you want your report to get data from F1 pull your implicit fact column (internal-row count) in the report and hide it .

This was spot on, including the implicit fact column worked for my report. Thanks.

2.Your measure is mapped to 2 facts and obiee is selecting one of the fact sources . (not sure based on what criteria).

Generally what would be the criteria's for this kind of results.So that I would be doing analysis on it.

Thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points