This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 3:23 PM by michael ridino RSS

How can I save my data and be back to normal operation.

974691 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello everyone,

I'm using P7 with Oracle XE on a stand alone computer, I am unable to connect to my Primavera DB, the issue started when my computer slowed down and i just restarted it...while disc checking computer delet some of the file. may be this is the reason.
I didnt loss my login name and pasword as this is standard as "ADMIN" after restarting the computer when i tried to login Primavera with same admin as lagin name and password this message is appear "Unable to connect to the database. Would you like to configure the database connection now?"
What is the best and the safest way to get back to normal situation where I can have all my data back, could anyone please help me? How to I back it up and restore to normal?

Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Re: How can I save my data and be back to normal operation.
    ama Journeyer
    Hello,

Did you try to configure the database after your saw the error? Check if these windows services are running: OracleXE and OracleXETNSListener.

If you have access to the KnowledgeBase, refer to solution ID 989573.1.

Hope this helps!
  • 2. Re: How can I save my data and be back to normal operation.
    974691 Newbie
    Thanks for your quick response.
    Honestly speaking, I'm kind of scared that if I go ahead reconfiguring it, I might loose my data in the database, so I am wondering how can I do the full backup before taking this step?
    Can I just copy some database files to be on the safe side or should I run specific commands to take the back so if case if anything goes wrong I do have something to restore.

Regards,
  • 3. Re: How can I save my data and be back to normal operation.
    974691 Newbie
    Also I don't have the access to the knowledge-base either...
  • 4. Re: How can I save my data and be back to normal operation.
    michael ridino Explorer
    You will be configuring the connection, it shouldnt mess with the database at all. You are making sure the connection between P6 and the database is setup correctly. When you click on the elipses (...) next to database on the log in screen, does it show anything under "Details"?

That being said there will be a way to backup/copy the database using the database utility not P6. With SQL it is fairly easy so I assume in Oracle it should be too. The database tool wont be application specific so you will need to look at the Oracle database documentation. For SQL it can be as simple as highlighting the P6 database (PMDB) and running the backup tool. You end result is a .mdf and .ldf which are your backup files. Don't know what Oracle's will look like.

Hope this helps.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points