3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 3:38 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle RSS

3.2.2 - editing package declaration cannot switch to package body

B.Delmée
      I am afraid I may have found another regression with 3.2.2 (observed on two different dbs/schemas)

If I click on a package name in the left-hand side navigator, the editor that opens has the "box" icon greyed out, which should allow me to switch to editing the body.
      If I expand the LHS and click on the package body icon, the editor that opens does allow me to switch to "open spec"
      I am connected as the package owner.

This used to work fine upto 3,21
        • 1. Re: 3.2.2 - editing package declaration cannot switch to package body
          Gary Graham-Oracle
          Bernard,

That regression was already noted. Here is the earlier discussion:
          Re: SQLDeveloper 3.2.20.09. Package body button is not active.

-Gary
          • 2. Re: 3.2.2 - editing package declaration cannot switch to package body
            B.Delmée
            Thanks Graham for the acknowledgement. I've really grown to like sqldeveloper and the very scope of functionality it provides I can imagine has made it pretty hard to test for regressions. Yet the more users you have, the more people you annoy with every regression that makes it to release. 3.2.2 has been a little disquieting in this regard, even cavalier in the way acceptable connection naming has been modified, for example.

And now to something completely different: could you by any chance direct me to the right person/forum wrt to the fact that thread reply notification (forum watches) has never worked for me, despite checking that a valid and current email address is recorded along my OTN account?
            • 3. Re: 3.2.2 - editing package declaration cannot switch to package body
              Gary Graham-Oracle
              forum wrt to the fact that thread reply notification (forum watches) has never worked for me
              My best guess: OTN > Community Feedback: Community Feedback (No Product Questions)
              It almost always works for me, but I have noticed the occasional post does get missed.
              the very scope of functionality it provides I can imagine has made it pretty hard to test for regressions
              Exactly. The primary goal remains to add new functionality, particularly in support of Oracle database, and try not to break existing features.
              3.2.2 has been a little disquieting in this regard
              Feedback on bugs and regressions in this forum are very much appreciated. Quality improvement is a never-ending goal. Our expectation is that this patch will be of better quality than previous patches. The connection naming issue was especially unfortunate since, as I understand it, the bugs being addressed came from another product on which we are dependent even though the connection names actually do undergo URL encoding. Neither we nor you are happy about this.

-Gary