3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 4:09 PM by vlethakula RSS

Setup Advanced security for RAC

Hi,

I have situation where I need to setup TDE for RAC database. There are multiple databases running on same cluster and I need to setup TDE just for one database. How do i o about it?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Setup Advanced security for RAC
          vlethakula
          check once:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/focus-areas/security/twp-transparent-data-encryption-bes-130696.pdf
          • 2. Re: Setup Advanced security for RAC
            Thanks for note. I did go through document. However I still have few doubts. Once I edit sqlnet.ora with following

ENCRYPTION_WALLET_LOCATION = (SOURCE = (METHOD = FILE) (METHOD_DATA = (DIRECTORY = /etc/ORACLE/WALLETS/$ORACLE_UNQNAME/)))

Will my other databases running from same oracle home will look into this directory?

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Setup Advanced security for RAC
              vlethakula
              I think NO

As per document

For example, two RAC-enabled databases with ‘ORACLE_UNQNAME’ set to ‘RAC-HR’ and ‘RAC-FIN’, their wallets would be stored in separate sub-directories on ACFS:
              /opt/oracle/acfsmounts/data_tdevolume/RAC-HR and
              /opt/oracle/acfsmounts/data_tdevolume/RAC-FIN
              It is mandatory to set ‘ORACLE_UNQNAME’ in the normal OS environment variables, as well as
              with ‘srvctl’ for the databases:
              $ srvctl setenv database -d RAC-HR -T “ORACLE_UNQNAME=RAC-HR”
              $ srvctl setenv database -d RAC-FIN -T “ORACLE_UNQNAME=RAC-FIN”

If the databases share the same ORACLE_HOME, they also share the same sqlnet.ora file in
              $TNS_ADMIN. In order to access their individual wallet, the DIRECTORY entry for the
              ENCRYPTION_WALLET_LOCATION needs to point each database to its own wallet location:
              DIRECTORY = /etc/ORACLE/WALLETS/$ORACLE_UNQNAME
              The names of the subdirectories under /etc/ORACLE/WALLETS/ reflect the ORACLE_UNQNAME
              names of the individual databases.
              If the databases do not share the same ORACLE_HOME, they will also have their individual
              sqlnet.ora files that have to point to the individual subdirectories.

Edited by: vlethakula on Nov 16, 2012 2:09 PM