6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 5:15 PM by user10088255 RSS

Apps session is not getting initialized when submitting concurrent program

user10088255
      Hi All,

DB:11.2.0.3
      Apps: 12.1.3
      O/S:Linux Red Hat

Issue description:

Apps session is not getting initialized when submitting concurrent program in test env.

The same SQL statements are working fine when executed in SQL developer after manually inserting a row in fnd_sessions table.

The responsibilities to check are as follows:
      ‘US HRMS Manager’
      ‘US Super HRMS Manager’

The concurrent program name is : ‘PAY Payroll Accrual’

More information on troubleshooting:

The SQL statements that retrieve the value of these set-ups refer to the session-dependent tables. When these statements are executed in SQL developer after manually inserting values in fnd_sessions table, I am able to see data. However, when this SQL is executed in the concurrent program, no data is retrieved. The session is not getting initialized.

Could anyone please share what could be the issue here?

Thanks for your time!

Regards,
        • 1. Re: Apps session is not getting initialized when submitting concurrent program
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Did you follow the steps in these docs to set the context?

Oracle Applications Multiple Organizations Access Control for Custom Code [ID 420787.1]
          SQL Queries and Multi-Org Architecture in Release 12 [ID 462383.1]
          How To Retrieve Rows From Table Or Synonym For An ORG_ID In E-Business Suite 12 [ID 787677.1]
          How to set the Organization Context in R12? [ID 437119.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Apps session is not getting initialized when submitting concurrent program
            user10088255
            Hi Hussein,

The concurrent prgram completed normal

However, the log file of the ReqID of the concurent program shows other error messages:

Error Messages:

No elements in element set: Element Set "Payroll Accrual" contains no elements.

Parameters passed:
            Primary Identifier : Missing Set Up
            Error Code : 012
            Error Column : Configuration Error
            Error Value : No elements in element set: Element Set "Payroll Accrual" contains no elements.
            Error Description : No elements in element set: Element Set "Payroll Accrual" contains no elements.
            Rectification Action : Please configure the common lookup in Oracle

Does it mean context setup is missing and need to follow the below steps in metalink notes to fix the issue? Then howcome, the user is still able to retrieve the datas using the sql statements through sql*developer

Oracle Applications Multiple Organizations Access Control for Custom Code [ID 420787.1]
            SQL Queries and Multi-Org Architecture in Release 12 [ID 462383.1]
            How To Retrieve Rows From Table Or Synonym For An ORG_ID In E-Business Suite 12 [ID 787677.1]
            How to set the Organization Context in R12? [ID 437119.1]

Regards,
            • 3. Re: Apps session is not getting initialized when submitting concurrent program
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              The concurrent prgram completed normal

However, the log file of the ReqID of the concurent program shows other error messages:

Error Messages:

No elements in element set: Element Set "Payroll Accrual" contains no elements.

Parameters passed:
              Primary Identifier : Missing Set Up
              Error Code : 012
              Error Column : Configuration Error
              Error Value : No elements in element set: Element Set "Payroll Accrual" contains no elements.
              Error Description : No elements in element set: Element Set "Payroll Accrual" contains no elements.
              Rectification Action : Please configure the common lookup in Oracle

Does it mean context setup is missing and need to follow the below steps in metalink notes to fix the issue? Then howcome, the user is still able to retrieve the datas using the sql statements through sql*developer
              I do not think this is related to the context initialization and it is something to do with the element sets.

Are you passing any parameters to the concurrent request? Have you tried to enable debug and see if more details about the error are captured then?

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Apps session is not getting initialized when submitting concurrent program
                user10088255
                Hi Hussein,

As per the user facing this issue, below are the updates provided by the user

I would like to know why I have to explicitly insert session into fnd_sessions table, even when I am submitting a concurrent program from Application.
                I debugged the program and found that environment variable for sessionid is not getting set.
                Can you please tell me why is this happening.
                As per my knowledge, we do not have to explicitly set session when executing a concurrent program from application.

Regards,
                • 5. Re: Apps session is not getting initialized when submitting concurrent program
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Hi,
                  As per the user facing this issue, below are the updates provided by the user

I would like to know why I have to explicitly insert session into fnd_sessions table, even when I am submitting a concurrent program from Application.
                  I debugged the program and found that environment variable for sessionid is not getting set.
                  Can you please tell me why is this happening.
                  As per my knowledge, we do not have to explicitly set session when executing a concurrent program from application.
                  I do not think you need to insert session details into fnd_sessions table. How did you get to this conclusion that a record needs to be inserted?

Please review these threads and see if they help.

Payroll: Value Set issue
                  Re: Value set not working in responsibility

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: Apps session is not getting initialized when submitting concurrent program
                    user10088255
                    Thanks Hussein!

That sounds almost like a similar issue!

I will check with the user if this helps to fix the issue!

Thanks once again for your time!

Regards,