This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 10:58 AM by RickG RSS

SQLDeveloper cloud deployment/export data problem

974139 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We are trying the trail version of the Oracle Database Cloud Service and having problems during deployment through SQLDeveloper and data export from the cloud.

With SQLDeveloper we have a working cloud connection. We created a cart from an existing application and uploaded the deployment. No errors!
The deployment has the status 'APPROVED' but is not processing in the database. The file uploaded to the FTP server (I can see it using a FTP client).

There is also a problem exporting the data from the cloud database by the Oracle cloud service website.
The site says that the data is exported, but on the FTP site no file is created.

Looks like the FTP locations of the Database cloud does not correspond to the locations that belong to the FTP users.

Is there a solution?

Sander

Edited by: 971136 on 14-nov-2012 2:05

Edited by: 971136 on 14-nov-2012 2:30
  • 1. Re: SQLDeveloper cloud deployment/export data problem
    218246 Newbie
    Please try again. Also you should be using service instance SFTP and not Identity Domain SFTP to access the exports.
  • 2. Re: SQLDeveloper cloud deployment/export data problem
    974139 Newbie
    Retry solved part of the problem.

Now I can't deploy anymore because a deployment connection is refused: SQLDeveloper cloud connection works fine, but when I want to deploy the cart I get the message: Invalid SFTP Parameters, Unable to connect to sftp server with provided details.

I changed the password of both SFTP users, hoped I made a mistake. I can connect to the SFTP site by WinSCP, but connections through SQLDeveloper (deploy cart) are refused.
    You wrote that I should be using service instance SFTP and not Identity Domain SFTP.
    I have 2 trailxxx sftp users, but both only have the 'Identity domain SFTP user' role. I can't add/see the service instance SFTP role you described.

I hope you can help me with that one also?

-----

Data export is working now. I didn't change anything, but thanks for that. I see updated info in cloud service status history also. It changed from 0% to 100%.

So the problem is partly solved.

Sander

Edited by: Sander Alders on 26-nov-2012 10:06
  • 3. Re: SQLDeveloper cloud deployment/export data problem
    974139 Newbie
    Depoy is working now. The settings for SFTP connection (host and port) where wrong. Also a reset of the password of the SFTP user was necessary. It worked before so I though this couldn't be the problem.

Thanks Oracle support.
  • 4. Re: SQLDeveloper cloud deployment/export data problem
    RickG Explorer
    Thanks for letting us know!

- Rick Greenwald

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points