5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 12:55 PM by Joe Huang RSS

ADF mobile url Connection

Not able to make connection for the rest urls of the webcenter spaces(like rest urls to fetch activities list , discussion)
      Ex: Tried Connecting the url :http://localhost:8888/rest/api/resourceIndex with the basic authentication ,but got an exception message as:"Specified url is not accessible"

Edited by: user12780347 on Nov 14, 2012 8:43 PM
        • 1. Re: ADF mobile url Connection
          Arunkumar Ramamoorthy-Oracle
          Hi,

Welcome to OTN. Always mention your JDev version (Check out this announcement : https://forums.oracle.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=56).

Have you tried adding localhost in the exception list under Tools->Preferences->Web Browser and Proxy and see if it works after that?

-Arun
          • 2. Re: ADF mobile url Connection
            Jdev version is 11.1.2.3.0 and also localhost as well as my ip address are added in the exceptions

Edited by: user12780347 on Nov 16, 2012 12:25 AM
            • 3. Re: ADF mobile url Connection
              Joe Huang
              Hi, ADF Mobile uses the same URL Connection creation wizard as any other ADF application, so its behavior is not mobile specific. That said, you may want to try the following:

- append "/" to the end and see if that helps
              - If using WLS security with basic HTTP Authentication, ensure the "Realm" field is populated correctly based on your WLS setup.

The error message indicates that it's able to resolve "localhost" but just can't connect to this REST service. If you are getting proxy server issue, then you will probably get "host not reacheable" error.

One thing to double check is whether you get the basic HTTP auth challenge when you use a browser to hit this link.

Lastly, you probably don't want to use localhost in the URL data control. Only iOS simulators can resolve "localhost" when the iOS simulator and the WLS server are running in the same machine. Android can't. Recommendation is to set up your WLS so it can be accessed with the machine's actual IP address, and you would create your URL data control to against that real IP. This would ensure both emulators and devices can hit the JSON service.

Thanks,

Joe Huang
              • 4. Re: ADF mobile url Connection
                -appending "/" to the end ,doesn't work.
                -i am trying to access the URL of the web center spaces rest URL for fetching the activities list , not sure what is the realm for that or from where to fetch .
                - i have substituted my ip address in the place of the localhost , but still its not working.
                - i get a basic HTTP auth challenge when i use a browser to hit this link( web center spaces rest URL).

Edited by: user12780347 on Nov 19, 2012 8:14 PM
                • 5. Re: ADF mobile url Connection
                  Joe Huang
                  Hi, the security Realm should be something you get from your WebLogic Server console - by clicking on the Security Realms link in the Domain Structure window of the WebLogic Server console. If you don't have access to the WebLogic console for your WebCenter app, you will need to request your server admin for details.

Thanks,

Joe Huang