I am using Oracle form 6i, DB 10G.
In Scott schema, i made a simple data entry form to enter employee.
In hire date column , now user entering date by keyboard, but my manager want to display calender there, so that user can select the date by mouse.
Can you please guide me to make calender.
Yes... Sorry for that i did not mention ..i completed in apps.
Initially i want to do in scott schema with 6I, thinking to copy and paste on my production developments.
But while i was reading, Part_No_12897-02_EBS-Developer-Guide.pdf-- this simple way i discovered, so i did directly .
Thanks for your concern.
Again, i am still want to learn how can i do the same on scott schema with 6I on stand alone setup.
Download oracle form 6i demo
-How to Use the Calendar Class Demo in your Application
1. Install the Demos that come with Oracle Forms
2. Open the Calendar.fmb situated in C:\Forms6i_demo\Win32\PMBF\6_0_8_8\Demo\Forms
3. Copy the Program Unit: Date_Chosen to your application
4. Get the Object Library: STNDRD20.OLB located in C:\Forms6i_demo\Win32\PMBF\6_0_8_8\Demo\Forms
5. Get the Attached Library: Calendar.pll located in C:\Forms6i_demo\Win32\PMBF\6_0_8_8\Demo\Forms
6. Drag the Object Groups: Calendar from calendar.fmb to your application and copy it.
In the item to get the date, in the Key_ListVal trigger enter the following code:
date_lov.get_date(sysdate, -- initial date
's_inventory.text_item5', -- return block.item
240, -- window x position
60, -- window y position
'Start Date', -- window title
'OK', -- ok button label
'Cancel', -- cancel button label
TRUE, -- highlight weekend days
FALSE, -- autoconfirm selection
FALSE); -- autoskip after selection
In either a button when button pressed trigger or on the mouse double-click trigger of the text item that will get the date, enter the following code:
go_block('s_inventory'); --this is the block
go_item('s_inventory.Text_item5'); -- this is the item
do_key('list_values'); --this calls the Key_ListVal trigger of the item