12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 10:43 AM by Amruta Agarwal RSS

auto provisioning

oim11.1.1.5.4
      for enabling the auto provisioning for a resource connector which is an Oracle's Primavera app connector.
      I created the access policy and assigned a role to the policy.
      assigned the role to a user, then the user had been provisioned automatically to the resource database, this is worked as expected.

But any users having been assigned the role prior the policy created and not been provisioned to the resource's .

Is this supposed behavior?

TIA

gadba

Edited by: gadba on Nov 18, 2012 4:38 PM
        • 1. Re: auto provisioning
          Dhananjay Neeraj2
          Check "Retrofit Access Policy" flag.. And then execute "Evaluate User Policies" scheduler
          • 2. Re: auto provisioning
            Nishith Nayan
            yes, if you have not been enabled 'retrofit' option in access policy. The access policy will be applied only for new users. It won't apply for the existing users.

Having said that, you must modify your access policy and tick the Retrofit option. There is a scheduled task called 'Evaluate User Policy' which run periodically and enable user flag illegible for Access policy. If you are looking for the immediate effect then manually execute 'Evaluate User Policy' task else it will be executed as scheduled.
            • 3. Re: auto provisioning
              thanks for you two helping.
              Yes, i checked the 'retrofit' as i created the policy though I did not run the job of 'Evaluate User Policy' after.
              Now I just ran the job. The users with the role are shown 'Provisioning' under the Resources tap, instead of ' Provisioned'.

Do i still miss any?

gadba
              • 4. Re: auto provisioning
                Nishith Nayan
                It means Access policy is okay. Provisioning process initiated for the user.

Now verify which task has been failed. open process form see if any attribute is missing.
                • 5. Re: auto provisioning
                  Dhananjay Neeraj2
                  Flaw is in the Provisioning workflow...

Your Create User task might be getting Rejected...

Or some mandatory attribute in the process form is missing...
                  • 6. Re: auto provisioning
                    Nishith Nayan
                    There is possibility that old user doesn't have proper data which is required for provisioning process. share error log or analyze yourself for failed task
                    • 7. Re: auto provisioning
                      Nishith Nayan wrote:
                      It means Access policy is okay. Provisioning process initiated for the user.

Now verify which task has been failed. open process form see if any attribute is missing.
                      how to open the 'process form' , what is the name of the form? can it open from the web admin console?
                      • 8. Re: auto provisioning
                        Nishith Nayan
                        select your failed(Provisioning) Resource under User->resource tab and click on Open button it will open the process form.

For failed task select user->resource object and click on 'Resource History' you can see which task if failed.

if you found any thing missing in process form provide it manually and save it. no go to resource histiory-> select the task and click on retry button for execution. see if it works
                        • 9. Re: auto provisioning
                          Response:     User Creation Failed
                          Response Description:     Could not create user - from resource file
                          • 10. Re: auto provisioning
                            i assigned a different role to a different user ,I assigned the role to the policy and the auto prov worked.

As I compared this work onewith the failed one in the forms , and found out the task of Create User was assigned to OIMINTERNAL OIMINTERNAL [OIMINTERNAL] , This is for the working one.
                            The failed one that was assigned to XELSYSADM.
                            I do not have the idea how those have become.

Edited by: gadba on Nov 18, 2012 11:25 PM
                            • 11. Re: auto provisioning
                              User236522
                              have you selected Auto Save Form option in design console for the same form?
                              • 12. Re: auto provisioning
                                Amruta Agarwal
                                Hi gadba,

Even we are getting the provisioning task initiated twice. One to XELSYSADM and other to OIMINTERNAL. Did you manage to solve the issue? How?

Thanks,
                                Amruta