This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Can you point me to where might be my problem, or if there is another file that needs to be modified?Well, it is quite difficult to tell you what else you should do, if you give no details about what you have done.
To modify the Check-Out confirmation page
- check what service is called (in the URL): CHECKIN_CONFIRM_FORM
- then, find (most likely in std_services.htm) which template is used: CHECKIN_CONFIRM_FORM
- then, find (in templates.hda) the filename defining the template: checkin_confirm.htm
- then, you may either modify the file directly, or check what includes are used, or finally, allocate the includes and find what strings from ww_strings.htm are used
If your changes don't display (how have you made them?) it is most likely that you have not made them in the correct place. Note that ww_strings.htm is often modified by patches (components) and unless you modify the most recent one, or create a custom component of your own with higher LOAD ORDER, they won't apply.
Hello and thank you for some clues!
So I found that this template is responsible: chkook.htm, and the message is probably "wwCheckOutConfirm". However, when I go to ww_strings.htm file, I see this:
<@wwCheckOutConfirm=Check-Out Confirmation@> This refers to a confirmation of the check-out action.
I cannot find any references to where to actually edit this string? Or is this a string at all?
I'd recommend you to go top-down. Namely,
1. create your own custom component
2. there, create a new template with the same name like the one you are trying to replace, but higher load order. Copy the code from the template, but change something (e.g. add a string to the page) that will help you to differentiate that your custom template is really used. Test everything.
Once it works, you may step down from the template to includes, from includes to strings (using the same approach).
chkook.htm does not look like a standard piece of code. Quick (and dirty) fix might also be that you take the custom component and put your translation string there.
Thank you! I've added this in a separate custom component, and it works fine now - the message is updated!
Thanks for your help!