5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 7:41 AM by 842029 RSS

Change contents inside BPEL process

Hello everyone,

I want to change the values insides the BPEL file during deployment to weblogic server.

Please let me know how it can be achieved?

Is it possible with configuration plans?

In BPEL process we are hardcoded some value as xml fragment so we want to change them during deployment of JAr file.

Please help me out on this issue as early as possible.

Thanks in advance,
        • 1. Re: Change contents inside BPEL process
          Can you please specify what exactly you want to change it...

• 2. Re: Change contents inside BPEL process
            Try this Deployment Descriptor

• 3. Re: Change contents inside BPEL process
              <sequence name="main">
              <!-- Receive input from requestor. (Note: This maps to operation defined in SiebelHeaderPOCBPEL.wsdl) -->
              <receive name="receiveInput" partnerLink="siebelheaderpocbpel_client"
              operation="SiebelHeaderPOC" variable="inputVariable"
              <!-- Generate reply to synchronous request -->
              <assign name="Assign1">
              <from><wsse:Security xmlns:wsse="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/07/secext">
              <wsse:UsernameToken xmlns:wsu="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/07/utility">
              <wsse:Password Type="wsse:PasswordText">Password</wsse:Password>
              <to variable="Security"/>

In above code, we have used xml fragment to set username and password. So we need to change them during deployment time.. This is my exact requirement

The deployment descriptor is very useful but that can't be used inside xml fragment.
              Please help me on this issue.

Edited by: 839026 on Nov 21, 2012 1:26 AM
              • 4. Re: Change contents inside BPEL process
                Neeraj Sehgal

No OOTB solution for this I think. What you can do is that keep your username and passwords inside the preference properties as illustrated in the link shared by Vijay.

Retrieve these properties values inside your BPEL and place them in the XML fragment appropriately before assignment.

In this way, your username and password is exposed to Preference property that could be changed through 2 ways:
                - From the EM console at Runtime without needing to redeploy the code as stated in the link above
                - Through the configuration plan at the time of deployment (which is what you want, as shown below for username)
                      <component name="HelloWorld">
                         <property name="bpel.preference.username">
                Let us know how you get along.

Neeraj Sehgal
                • 5. Re: Change contents inside BPEL process
                  Thanks Neeraj.

We can use property option what you are mentioned. But to get the xml file content we need to use readFile function.

This fixed my issue.

Edited by: 839026 on Nov 30, 2012 5:41 AM