This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 7:44 AM by User286067 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: expdp
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    new.bie wrote:
    can sqlldr do this?
    >
    can sqlldr do this?

you want to read what in sqlldr ?
  • 16. Re: expdp
    Fran Guru
    the only way i think will be spool the content of the table into a .txt or similar

spool /tmp/myfile.txt

select field1||', '||field2||', '||field3
    from my_table;
    spool off
  • 17. Re: expdp
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Fran wrote:
    the only way i think will be spool the content of the table into a .txt or similar

spool /tmp/myfile.txt

select field1||', '||field2||', '||field3
    from my_table;
    spool off
    This is will give you content of this table , but you will not be able to read what its loading
  • 18. Re: expdp
    Fran Guru
    I refered to create a text file from the table, so later the OP can use sqlloader to insert the data into another table/database.
    I know that he can only see the content of the table but he has more control about this issue.
  • 19. Re: expdp
    9135487 Newbie
    Osama ,
    I have a different requirements, but that is not possible as per the experts. Could you see any possibility

Edited by: new.bie on Nov 19, 2012 5:25 AM
  • 20. Re: expdp
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    if i understand your question right , You can see the DDL in the dump file By using SHOW=Y in Old imp , in impdp you can use SQLFILE PARAMETER which is same option but with more improvement
  • 21. Re: expdp
    EdStevens Guru
    new.bie wrote:
    Osama ,
    I have a different requirements, but that is not possible as per the experts. Could you see any possibility

Edited by: new.bie on Nov 19, 2012 5:25 AM
    Looks to me like Veeresh gave you the solution .....
  • 22. Re: expdp
    User286067 Journeyer
    new.bie wrote:
    Osama ,
    I have used http://www.jaredstill.com/content/dump.html with great success for few years, perhaps that will help you. As others have mentioned, you cannot use expdp/exp for that since those are proprietary binary formats by Oracle.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points