1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 9:44 AM by User286067 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: expdp
        Osama_Mustafa
        new.bie wrote:
        can sqlldr do this?
        >
        can sqlldr do this?

you want to read what in sqlldr ?
        • 16. Re: expdp
          Fran
          the only way i think will be spool the content of the table into a .txt or similar

spool /tmp/myfile.txt

select field1||', '||field2||', '||field3
          from my_table;
          spool off
          • 17. Re: expdp
            Osama_Mustafa
            Fran wrote:
            the only way i think will be spool the content of the table into a .txt or similar

spool /tmp/myfile.txt

select field1||', '||field2||', '||field3
            from my_table;
            spool off
            This is will give you content of this table , but you will not be able to read what its loading
            • 18. Re: expdp
              Fran
              I refered to create a text file from the table, so later the OP can use sqlloader to insert the data into another table/database.
              I know that he can only see the content of the table but he has more control about this issue.
              • 19. Re: expdp
                Osama ,
                I have a different requirements, but that is not possible as per the experts. Could you see any possibility

Edited by: new.bie on Nov 19, 2012 5:25 AM
                • 20. Re: expdp
                  Osama_Mustafa
                  if i understand your question right , You can see the DDL in the dump file By using SHOW=Y in Old imp , in impdp you can use SQLFILE PARAMETER which is same option but with more improvement
                  • 21. Re: expdp
                    EdStevens
                    new.bie wrote:
                    Osama ,
                    I have a different requirements, but that is not possible as per the experts. Could you see any possibility

Edited by: new.bie on Nov 19, 2012 5:25 AM
                    Looks to me like Veeresh gave you the solution .....
                    • 22. Re: expdp
                      User286067
                      new.bie wrote:
                      Osama ,
                      I have used http://www.jaredstill.com/content/dump.html with great success for few years, perhaps that will help you. As others have mentioned, you cannot use expdp/exp for that since those are proprietary binary formats by Oracle.
                      1 2 Previous Next