1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 6:13 AM by gimbal2 RSS

Sun Java Plug-in Required Installing the Sun Java Plug-in, version 1.6.0_19

NSK2KSN Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

am new to this thread, excuse if any issues in posting,

my pblm is am running my application,
Sun Java Plug-in Required
The Sun Java Plug-in must be installed on your local machine in order to run this workbench. The Sun Java Plug-in can be downloaded from the following directory:
/dsworkbench/clientinstall
Please contact your system administrator to verify the location of the client installations. 
Installing the Sun Java Plug-in, version 1.6.0_19
The Sun Java Plug-in is required to run the WebLogic version of this workbench. To install: 
Download the file jre-6u19-windows-i586.exe and execute it.
On the license terms screen, select Custom setup and click Accept.
If you want to change the default installation directory, click Change and specify a different directory. Once the installation directory is set, click Next.
Click Next to accept the default browser registrations.

Disabling Auto-Update Capability
By default, the Java Control Panel is configured to automatically download and update to newer releases of the Java Plug-in as they become unavailable. 
It is advisable to turn off this feature so that compatibility between the Java Plug-in and the workbench is maintained. To turn off automatic updates: 
Open the Windows Control Panel, and click Java. The Java Control Panel displays.
Click the Update tab.
Under the Update Notification area, deselect Check for Updates Automatically.
"Java Update - Warning" dialog box displays. Click Never Check.
Click OK to save and then close the Java Control Panel.
I have done the same and I restarted browser and my machine, and when I relogined to the application still the same message is appearing,

I don't know if I need to set the environment path, but I have done it. any pointers will be helpful

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points