2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 9:14 AM by Don Seiler RSS

EM12c: OS Command job stopped, not being rescheduled?

Don Seiler
      This morning I had an OS Command job running long (normally < 10 seconds, this time over 20 minutes). This job is scheduled to run every 10 minutes, so there were 2 skipped executions.

As with similar jobs, I stopped the run, expecting it to be rescheduled per the defined interval. However this job was not rescheduled and hasn't run since I stopped it this morning. Like I said, other jobs that ran long last week and were stopped were automatically re-scheduled per the job definition schedule. I cannot find why this job has not been re-scheduled.

Any thoughts?
        • 1. Re: EM12c: OS Command job stopped, not being rescheduled?
          ashugupt
          Don,

There is a semantic difference when you stop a job or when you stop a specific execution of the job. User can stop a job from job activity page stop button or using "Stop Job" button on job results page. User can stop a execution by using "stop" button after selecting a job execution in specific job results page.

In former case job engine would stop the whole job and job will not be scheduled in future. However when you stop a specific execution of job, then job engine consider it as user is intending to stop only the current execution of the job so future run of job will continue to work as is.

I agree from end user perspective - the message on the confirmation screen is not very clear and we will file a bug and fix in next scheduled version of Enterprise manager.

-- Ashutosh
          • 2. Re: EM12c: OS Command job stopped, not being rescheduled?
            Don Seiler
            Thanks, I was suspecting that this is what I did without noticing it. In the past I had properly just stopped the current execution of the job, but I must have been at a different screen and stopped the run. In the end I had to delete the run and schedule another run of the job from the library. Everything going well so far.

I'll have to be more careful in the future. Thanks again.