This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 4:26 PM by user2707888 RSS

clear selected value from message choice in a custom query page

user2707888 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
following is the requirement

I am populating a message choice from a view object with one bind parameter.

front end: I have a custom query page where user enters sales order number and clicks on submit button. I am
displaying order related info and passing org of that order to message choice. user selects message choice list value and updates if required.

Issue: if I query for next sales order in the form it is displaying correct order related info and passing correct org to message choice.
But previously selected message choice entry not clearing. I would like to clear the selected message choice value for every sales order.

Thanks for the help.
  • 1. Re: clear selected value from message choice in a custom query page
    shreevat Pro
    Clear the cache of the message choice in perform the search action event.

OAMessageChoiceBean msgBean= (OAMessageChoiceBean)webBean.findChildRecursive("<message choice item id>");
    msgBean.setPickListCacheEnabled(false);

Thanks
    Shree
  • 2. Re: clear selected value from message choice in a custom query page
    user2707888 Newbie
    Thanks for the reply. I have got the following error when I added the code in processformrequest ( search event).

(This developer mode error is thrown instead of being registered due to the lack of the page context object.) The OA passivation framework coding standard has been violated. Web bean properties cannot be modified in the controller processFormData or processFormRequest method. Web bean properties should be modified in the processRequest method only)

later I have added the same in processrequest but it works when I query the order for the first time. Later searches not clearing the messagechoice entry.

Thanks again.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points