This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 11:29 AM by user2502141 RSS

PS_APP_HOME and Process Scheduler

user2502141 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
I have installed a couple of environments with pt 8.52.09 and hcm 9.1. I just tried to run a payroll summary report and got an error that said the process scheduler cannot find PAY018.SQR. I looked at the log file and i have two SQR search paths defined but both of them are pointing to PS_HOME.

When I look at psprcs.cfg I find the first SQR search path says %PS_APP_HOME%\SQR and %PS_HOME\SQR. When I ran PSADMIN to create the process sheduler I initially set all of my environment variables:
set ps_home=d:\psft\pt852
set ps_app_home=e:\psft\<sid>
set ps_cfg_home=e:\psft\<sid>

Then I ran PSADMIN

The fact that both of my environments are showing the same problem makes me think I have some other value somewhere (possibly in the database) where I need to set the correct paths for ps_app_home and ps_cfg_home.

Any ideas?
  • 1. Re: PS_APP_HOME and Process Scheduler
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    Hi,

Could you check if PAY018.SQR actually resides on your environment. It should be found dir %PS_APP_HOME%\SQR.

Are you sure your PS_APP_HOME and PS_CFG_HOME are the same location?
    The entire idea is to to have these folders separated, something like:

set ps_home=d:\psft\pt852
    set ps_app_home=e:\psft\HCM
    set ps_cfg_home=e:\psft\config

When I look at my prcs config it shows:
    [SQR]
    ;=========================================================================
    ; Settings for SQR Software
    ;=========================================================================
    SQRBIN=C:\apps\psoft\PTools\bin\sqr\MSS\binw
    PSSQRFLAGS=-ZIF%PS_HOME%\SQR\PSSQR%LANGUAGECD%.INI
    Print Log=N
    Enhanced HTML=N
    PSSQR1=%PS_APP_HOME%\SQR
    PSSQR2=%PS_HOME%\SQR

So first look in %PS_APP_HOME%\SQR and if no file found look in %PS_HOME%\SQR

Hakan
  • 2. Re: PS_APP_HOME and Process Scheduler
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    I think you have an incorrect PS_APP_HOME defined in your configuration manager.
    See the Profile tab, click on Edit and go to tab process scheduler and verify the PS_APP_HOME path is the correct path pointing to your PS_APP_HOME.
  • 3. Re: PS_APP_HOME and Process Scheduler
    user2502141 Explorer
    Hakan,

You are correct. I have not setup the application path in the configuration manager. I'm a little confused by this, though. I'm working on our development box. We'll have a minimum of four different environments running on this box. In the configuration manager will I have a different profile for each of the environments (i.e. HDEV, HTST, HQA, HTAX)?

Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points