This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 11:20 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database

970261 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello All

I know there are other threads with the same question and i have been to almost all of them. Somehow i am still not able to understand it
So i am posting it here. Sorry about that

Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database from 10.2.0.3 HP-UX to Linux x86-64 11.2.0.3

First thing is we would like to keep our production system untouched even during the go live in case of any failures we can fallback to old HP-UX systems

We have three servers
SERVER 1 :- DATABASE, concurrent manager and admin node
SERVER 2 :- FORMS, WEB, REPORT and DISCOVERER
SERVER 3 :- iSupplier Portal for external users with forms and web

The new system would like

SERVER 1 :- DATABASE NODE
SERVER 2:- CONCURRENT, ADMIN, FORMS, WEB, REPORT and DISCOVERER
SERVER 3:- iSupplier Portal for external users

I believe the first step should be creating a 10.2.0.3 database on Linux. Install 10.2.0.3 software on Linux.
Export from hp-ux using note 362205.1 and import it on Linux. This will create my Oracle Applications 11i database with data.

Once this is complete for the application tier we would like to move from multi node to single node. I was following the note 238276.1 but it is not very clear how do i copy
concurrent node from server 1 and server 2 with forms,web,report and discoverer to single Linux server ?
Also for the iSupplier server 3 how does the steps follow ?

Can someone please provide some steps in detail ?

Also please correct me if i am wrong on the database part.

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    I believe the first step should be creating a 10.2.0.3 database on Linux. Install 10.2.0.3 software on Linux.
    Export from hp-ux using note 362205.1 and import it on Linux. This will create my Oracle Applications 11i database with data.
    Correct.
    Once this is complete for the application tier we would like to move from multi node to single node. I was following the note 238276.1 but it is not very clear how do i copy
    concurrent node from server 1 and server 2 with forms,web,report and discoverer to single Linux server ?
    Also for the iSupplier server 3 how does the steps follow ?

Can someone please provide some steps in detail ?
    Please see (Cloning Oracle Applications Release 11i with Rapid Clone [ID 230672.1]) -- 5. Reducing the number of Nodes of a Multi-Node System (merge APPL_TOP)) and (Concurrent Processing - How to move Concurrent Processing Server from one node to another node [ID 373611.1]).
    Also please correct me if i am wrong on the database part.
    The database part is correct.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database
    970261 Newbie
    Thanks Hussain

I will go ahead with the upgrade and let you know if i face any issues

As always
    Appreciate your help
  • 3. Re: Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database
    alvaromiranda Explorer
    Hello,

I think the order of the steps need to be reviewed a little bit more.

Source: HPUX
    Destination: LINUX

Using the notes given here, you should merge the multiple appl_tops into 1. after that start the process of the upgrade.

When you move the DB from HPUX to Linux, you will keep the version, you should upgrade to 11.1 or 11.2.

there is no need to move the application tier, as the upgrade layout as part of the upgrade will install the new appl top

If you want to do one change at the time, then the steps should be.

- merge appl_tops
    - migrate db from hpup to linux, at this point the app will still be the HPUX one.
    - migrate appl_top with note Migrating to Linux with Oracle Applications Release 11i [ID 238276.1]
    - upgrade db, review interpretability note
    - install upgrade layout
    - perform upgrade

If you want to skip some steps:

- merge appl_tops
    - migrate db from hpup to linux, at this point the app will still be the HPUX one.
    - appl_top is the hpux one for all the tasks required for upgrade db and pre-steps for the upgrade
    - upgrade db, review interpretability note
    - install upgrade layout
    - perform upgrade

Edited by: Alvaro Miranda on Nov 4, 2012 12:57 PM
  • 4. Re: Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database
    970261 Newbie
    I have created the Oracle Applications database using note 362205.1

For the middle tier on the source (HP-UX) i was planning on doing this
    Source configuration
    Server 1 :- Database, Middle tier (Concurrent manager, admin node)
    Server 2 :- Middle tier (Forms, web, reports, discoverer)

I login into server 2 and run
    cd $COMMON_TOP/admin/scripts/FINQ_finapdev
    perl adpreclone.pl appsTier merge

Then login into server 1 and run
    cd $COMMON_TOP/admin/scripts/FINQ_findbqa
    perl adpreclone.pl appltop merge

I login into server 2 and tar the following directories on HP-UX
    <APPL_TOP>
    <OA_HTML> (when this directory exists)
    <OA_JAVA>
    <COMMON_TOP>/util
    <COMMON_TOP>/clone
    <COMMON_TOP>/_pages (when this directory exists)

Then on server 1 tar the following directory $COMMON_TOP/clone/appl

FTP all the tar files from server 2 and server 1. Untar them on Linux accordingly under $APPL_TOP, COMMON_TOP

Then on note 238276.1
    Install the Middle Tier Technology Stack
    Run the Rapid Install Wizard with the -techstack option to install the iAS technology stack. Use the Target System context file created in the previous step.

cd [Stage11i]/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz
    ./rapidwiz -techstack

Follow the instructions in the "Installation Tasks" section of Installing Oracle9i Application Server 1.0.2.2.2 with Oracle Applications 11i" (document 146468.1).

I am not sure about the middle tier since i do not have the luxury of addition linux servers
    So the procedure mentioned above is basically moving from multi node HP-UX to single node Linux

Let me know your opinion
  • 5. Re: Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database
    So the procedure mentioned above is basically moving from multi node HP-UX to single node Linux

Let me know your opinion
    Your procedure should work.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 6. Re: Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database
    970261 Newbie
    I am at Clone the AutoConfig XML context file on the Target System from note 238276.1
    perl adclonectx.pl migrate java=[JDK HOME] \
    contextfile=[SOURCE SYSTEM CONTEXT FILE]

For the SOURCE SYSTEM context file the file name is FINQ_finapdev.xml and my target server name is ofinapq and database name is FINT

While running the procedure it is looking for FINQ database and saying
    [appfint@ofinapq bin]$ perl adclonectx.pl migrate java=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_19 contextfile=/orappl_finapd/finqappl/admin/FINQ_finapdev.xml
    /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_19/bin/java -classpath ../jlib/classes12.zip:../jlib/xmlparserv2.zip:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_19/lib/rt.jar:../jlib/java: oracle.apps.ad.context.CloneContext -e /orappl_finapd/finqappl/admin/FINQ_finapdev.xml -migrate -perl "/usr/bin/perl" -perl5lib "/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8:/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl:/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8:/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl:/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8:."

Provide the values required for creation of the new APPL_TOP Context file.

Do you want to use a virtual hostname for the target node (y/n) [n] ?:

Does the target system have more than one application tier server node (y/n) [y] ?:n

Is the target system APPL_TOP divided into multiple mount points (y/n) [n] ?:

Target system APPL_TOP mount point [orappl_finapd/finqappl]:

Target system COMMON_TOP directory [orappl_finapd/finqcomn]:

Do you want to preserve the Display set to wbcoorfi:11.0 (y/n) [y] ?:n

Target system Display [ofinapq:0.0]:

Location of the JDK on the target system [opt/java1.4]:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_19

Target system JRE_TOP [opt/java1.4]:/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_19

RC-00024: Warning: Could not find perl at expected location:
    /tmp//Apache/perl/bin/perl
    Please verify the integrity of the filesystem.

Perl executable location is set to:
    /usr/bin/perl

Enter the Database listener port [1541]:1523

APPS password is required to validate database connection using database port 1523
    Enter APPS Password [APPS]:qapps
    RC-40201: Unable to connect to Database FINQ.

Enter the Database listener port [1541]:ERROR: context creation not completed successfully.
    Please check /tmp/adclonectx.err file for errors

How do i generate the XML context file for the middle tier on target system ?
  • 7. Re: Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database
    RC-00024: Warning: Could not find perl at expected location:
    /tmp//Apache/perl/bin/perl
    Please verify the integrity of the filesystem.

Perl executable location is set to:
    /usr/bin/perl
    You need to use the perl which comes as part of the application tier node and note the one under /usr/bin directory, so make sure it is set in your system PATH and rerun the same "perl adclonectx.pl " command then.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 8. Re: Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database
    970261 Newbie
    So i have merged the APPL_TOP on HP-UX

So this is the below config i have now

server 1 - database server
    server 2 - application tier (CM, Admin node, Forms, Reports, Web)

From here i was planning to do the database first. So i created the database on Linux using note 362205.1
    On the note i am at Section 5: Create Context and Spatial Objects
    $ perl $AU_TOP/patch/115/driver/dpost_imp.pl [driver file]
    One :- what should be the driver file name ?
    Second :- It says to apply on target admin server node which is still HP-UX. I believe this is application tier node. So i have to apply patch using adpatch But the database is now on Linux
    How do i make sure that is not applying this driver file on HP-UX and on Linux. Do i have to change the context file on HP-UX to point to Linux ?

This is confusing part.
  • 9. Re: Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database
    967258 wrote:
    So i have merged the APPL_TOP on HP-UX

So this is the below config i have now

server 1 - database server
    server 2 - application tier (CM, Admin node, Forms, Reports, Web)

From here i was planning to do the database first. So i created the database on Linux using note 362205.1
    On the note i am at Section 5: Create Context and Spatial Objects
    $ perl $AU_TOP/patch/115/driver/dpost_imp.pl [driver file]
    One :- what should be the driver file name ?
    You have to specify it (pick any name) and you will use it later to apply it on the target server using adpatch.
    Second :- It says to apply on target admin server node which is still HP-UX. I believe this is application tier node. So i have to apply patch using adpatch But the database is now on Linux
    How do i make sure that is not applying this driver file on HP-UX and on Linux. Do i have to change the context file on HP-UX to point to Linux ?

This is confusing part.
    Run it on the application node which is still on HP-UX using adpatch and it should run with no issues.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 10. Re: Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database
    970261 Newbie
    Hussein

But my database on Linux is of different name.
    I think that will be a problem. What should i do now ?
  • 11. Re: Upgrade EBS 11.5.10.2 from HP-UX to Linux R12.1.3 including the database
    967258 wrote:
    Hussein

But my database on Linux is of different name.
    I think that will be a problem. What should i do now ?
    It should not be a problem.

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points