This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 8:46 AM by Apex4.0+HTML_DB1.6 RSS

APEX 4.1 Page changes popup

Apex4.0+HTML_DB1.6 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi everyone,

I use a calendar in our application. If I make modifications to a day, I want to get a message or a popup when I'm choosing a different day.

Also, I would want to get a message or a popup when I'm moving for a tab to another, If I made modifications to my page.

Do you have to use Javascript or something else ?

Thanks in advance. Bye.
  • 1. Re: APEX 4.1 Page changes popup
    Prabodh Guru
    I use a calendar in our application. If I make modifications to a day, I want to get a message or a popup when I'm choosing a different day.
    Also, I would want to get a message or a popup when I'm moving for a tab to another, If I made modifications to my page.

Do you have to use Javascript or something else ?>

Rather difficult to visualize and understand. Why not create the scenario on apex.oracle.com so that someone can look at it? Of course, you will need to post the credentials for developer access along with the workspace name.

Cheers,
  • 2. Re: APEX 4.1 Page changes popup
    Thanks Prabodh,

Why not create the scenario on apex.oracle.com could be interesting.

But for now, what I want it's a popup, a message box that will appears every time I'm going from a page to another page only if an update, an insert have been made on the previous page but no "Save" have been made.

I think I have to use Javascript to do this ?

Bye.

Edited by: Apex 4.0 + HTML_DB 1.6 on 2012-11-20 09:26
  • 3. Re: APEX 4.1 Page changes popup
    jozef_SVK Journeyer
    Hi,

There are so many ways how to achieve this:
    Javascript: window.open() or alert message
    You can use a dynamic plugins from: http://www.apex-plugin.com/ - search for dialog box or popup box
    If you can, you can create some hidden modal or div region on page zero (0) with the structure you want. Then you can use the DA to show this region conditionally (by request, another DA, ...)...

You have to choose the most manageable one for you :)

Regards
    J :D
  • 4. Re: APEX 4.1 Page changes popup
    Thank you jozef_SVK,

Like you said, there are many possibilities. You gave me some ideas. I will try someone in the next weeks.

Thanks. Bye.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points