This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
Hi Gaurav,1 person found this helpful
For such cases, have all the termination dates -
ATD, LSPD & FCD as the same 17-Oct-2012 and process quick-pay on 17-Oct-2012.(You cannot process the month-end payroll for this person as the person is not visible to the payroll process at that date)
Then re-hire the person into the new payroll on 18-Oct-2012, which should be treated exactly as a new-hire.
Hope that solves your issue.
Thanks for the response!
Sorry i forgot to mention that this is working as expected for Quick pay, but we are trying to avoid the Quick pay as it happens fo many employees within a month and there are many reports/interface where we don’t consider Quick Pay so we want to avoid it.
So is there a way to process the employee through regular payroll?
You'll have to work with 2 employments in such a case.1 person found this helpful
Have the first assignment in Payroll-1 till the end of month - 31-Oct-2012
Create a second assignment from 18-Oct-2012.
I cannot think of another way of doing it.
Hello1 person found this helpful
As you want write the proration in the formula so that the Salary is calculated according to proration .So that you can hire same employee in payroll B.
Hi, Gaurav..1 person found this helpful
6) To avoid full month Salary, we changed the Last Standard Process to 17-Oct-2012 so all elements ended as on 17-Oct-2012 but now when we process the payroll as on 31-Oct-2012, employee is getting picked up but no element processed and no balance generated. Don’t know why ?
=>I guess.. The "Final Process Date" set as 31-Oct-2012 when you end this employee, isn't it?
Actual Termination Date will let person end at this date, that's mean person record's effective_end_date will equal to the Actual Termination Date and create a new person record after Actual Termination Date.
Last Standard Process Date let all elements ended as this date.
Final Process Date means you can process payroll run before this date, and the assignment record's effective_end_date will equal to Final Process Date. That's why your payroll run includes this person. There's no elements because all elements ended on 17-Oct-2012, system doesn't get any element on 31-Oct-2012.
Hi ,1 person found this helpful
I tested this issue with the below steps and got the desired result
1) Terminate assignment as on 16-Nov-2012
2) Create assignment with new payroll as on 16-Nov-2012
3) Give the salary and rotation plan to new assignment
4) Add any one non recurring element to terninated assignment like back dated payment with value as zero
5) Now run the Quick pay or payrol for these 2 assignments
6) Terminated assignment will pay for 01- nov 2012 to 15-Nov-2012 and Active assignment will get payment from 16 to 30th November
7) As of 16-Nov-2012 switch the primary flags of employees
8) from 16 Nov new assignment will be active with same employee number
9) take care about Tax issues for this new assignment
This will solve the issue