3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 2:44 AM by 975131 RSS

Remove HR Data

The Explorer
      Hi,

I have a test instance of ERP which has been cloned from Production. I would like to delete/remove all the HR data such as salaries, allowances...etc so that I can provide it to end users for the purpose of training and testing.

Appreciate taking time to answer the query.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Remove HR Data
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl post details of OS, database and EBS versions.

AFAIK, there is no such feature to delete sensitive data. One option you have is to use OEM AMP pack (which is separately licensed) to mask sensitive data

https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/comparing_oem_data_masking_and

Using Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 Template for the Data Masking Pack with Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g [ID 1437485.1]

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: Remove HR Data
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            The Explorer wrote:
            Hi,

I have a test instance of ERP which has been cloned from Production. I would like to delete/remove all the HR data such as salaries, allowances...etc so that I can provide it to end users for the purpose of training and testing.

Appreciate taking time to answer the query.

Thanks
            You need to write your own script to sanitize the data.

Other tools which are available in the market (Oracle or third party) to mask/scramble the data are not free and you need to purchase license for it (search the forum for Data Scrambling/Masking for MOS docs).

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 3. Re: Remove HR Data
              Hi,
              I agree Hussein's responses.
              As experiences, you should confirm with data owner to identify what kind of data should be deleted or what kind of data column should be cleared, such as HR Department.
              That's will be easy to know which tables can be deleted and which tables should update columns.

Best Regard's,
              Changhua