I had a hardware crash and i lost my config files of my vm principal. (virtualbox 4.2.4)
But I have the disk (vdi) and snapshots.
I work in the reconstruction for several days and I still have not managed to restart in the state of last snapshot.
Can someone help me?
original disk : disque_c.vdi
original disk : disque_d.vdi
In Snapshot folder :
- copy the VDI files (just to be safe)
- start the virtualbox GUI and create a new machine (just like you would when creating a machine in the first place)
- instead of creating a new virtual disk, select "Use an Existing Virtual Hard Drive" and point to one of your .vdi files
- you should be able to boot that machine (you may have to add your second drive later)
- halt the machine and import it back into VDI just like you would with a new template
I speak of my virtual machine snapshots. I only willing files vdi base and snapshot directory (they were on another disk in the crash). So I did more configuration files for the virtual machine (*. Vbox)
What I want to do is to rebuild the machine with disks and snapshot.
What I have problem is to attach snapshots basic disks.